PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean movie premiere on TV

DivaPrincess
07-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Was anyone else disappointed that they didn't show more of the premier on ET or Access Hollywood - I wanted details! But, I guess there weren't that many great celebrities there, and other premiere's going on the same time. Oh well.

kisroo
07-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Uh...yeah...and more access to Mr. Bloom and Mr. Depp!!! ;)

mrfantasmic
07-01-2003, 07:43 PM
I just wanted to see what sort of thing they did before the movie... like Colombia?

jerjer2005
07-01-2003, 11:09 PM
i was kinda hoping for more too. abc news didnt even spend much time on it. but i was VERY happy with channel 9 (kcal) report on it. they did a very nice report with an extensive interview with one of the premiere officials and and showed the columbia.

halestorm
07-02-2003, 07:38 AM
I was hoping there would be more of a story too. But I think that originally there may have been plans to have a longer segment, but with the death of Katharine Hepburn, I think they wanted to spend more time with this, so other stories got cut short.

dnyduck
07-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know if they will show it on TV on say "The Wonderful World of Disney" some day? Obviously they can't show the movie itself, but what about the rest of the premiere?

I guess I'm answering my own question....who would want to watch that for an hour or two? :rolleyes:

Okay....maybe I shouldn't be still posting this, but I will. Maybe there was more to the premiere than eating, smoozing and movie watching that someone here knows about. I know....not likely. I guess I'm hopefull since I couldn't attend. :)

outlaw8
07-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Now they can't show too much..They have to save it for the LIMITED,Special Edition, Director's Cut, Fully Enhanced 2 Disc DVD set... Then give a little more for the Anniversary, Platinum Edition:D

dnyduck
07-02-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by outlaw8
Now they can't show too much..They have to save it for the LIMITED,Special Edition, Director's Cut, Fully Enhanced 2 Disc DVD set... Then give a little more for the Anniversary, Platinum Edition:D

Don't forget.....as with all Disney movies, "get it now before it's gone forever". I can't tell you how many times I have heard that for a Disney movie only to find that they are re-releasing it a few years down the road! :)

snappy
07-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Besides the obvious 1-4 stars at the event would you agree the turn out of celeb's were B/C list stars. It looked more like, "Where are they now," At the Pirates of Caribbean Premiere. Don't these people have lives? Are these functions they only way they get noticed? Do they actually want to attend these functions? It's kinda sad:(

What do you think mouseplanet??

*Do you think they will do the same for Haunted Mansion?

Disney Darlin'
07-02-2003, 04:18 PM
I too was upset that the premiere wasn't on longer. Other than the fact the more time was understandably given to Katherine Hepburn, they gave it a second and moved on to the Legally Blonde and Terminator 3 premieres which hadn't even happened.

mrfantasmic
07-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Hepburn deserves an hour! But the premiere is well documented in Darkbeer's photos!

crc9998
07-03-2003, 08:02 AM
Besides the obvious 1-4 stars at the event would you agree the turn out of celeb's were B/C list stars. It looked more like, "Where are they now,"

LOL You know Snappy I was thinking the same thing. There seem to be very few stars there that are actually doing something nowadays, with the expection of the kids that have been in the Disney movies/shows. When was the last time Gary Busey, or Jane Seymour was in a movie? (OK...someone will proabley prove to me that they were recently in one, but I honestly can't remember) Also, as much as I like Blink 182, when was the last time they had a hit or anything?

Oh wait I thought of another that has had a recent hit that I saw in the pics...Giovanni Ribisi, a handful out of how many stars???