PDA

View Full Version : Oscar awarded with 55 years service statue

AnotherJenny
12-30-2011, 08:00 PM
I saw a teaser for the 11 o'clock news that mentioned 55 years at Disneyland and a quick shot of Oscar. Then I found this in OC Register:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/martinez-333656-disneyland-award.html

(Sorry if this was posted already, I looked, but didn't see it. I know a lot of people enjoy seeing him at Carnation, so I thought I'd share.)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-30-2011, 08:50 PM
That is AWESOME! We love Carnation Cafe and LOVE visiting with Oscar each visit!

mimsy
01-01-2012, 04:21 PM
How wonderful Oscar. He's a very dedicated worker and that's an awesome award.

sourdough
01-01-2012, 07:02 PM
It's people like Oscar that make Disneyland extra special. Even when dining at Carnation on cold mornings, Oscar manages to make things warmer. :fez:

Teddi
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I've never met Oscar (as far as I am aware of) but I think this is just cool. He holds the honor of being one of SIX employees for the entire Walt Disney Company (some 150,000K globally) who've worked 55 years or more.... and he is THE longest employed at the Disney Parks. I'm really glad they took time to honor him. I also had the honor of meeting a few "regular" cast members this past trip with many years in(Marty, shop worker in BBB) who will hit 30 years with DL this year.

quackinup
01-01-2012, 09:08 PM
He was spending a lot of time out shaking hands and taking pictures with guests on Thursday. I wasn't sure from what I was hearing if it was his 75th birthday or 55th anniversary. Checked later to see that it as the latter.

pixar
01-02-2012, 08:40 AM
That is amazing...55 years. Congrats Oscar!

I did get a little laugh at the photo caption. I'm sure glad they told me Oscar was the one of the left. Otherwise I wouldn't have known. :)

Oscar Martinez, left, the longest tenured Disneyland employee, and Mickey Mouse examine a one-of-a-kind 55 years service statue cast in Martinez's honor Friday.