PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day crowds

downingfamily1
06-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi,
I just made some reservations for November and I realized they include Veteran's Day. The reservation guy said that Veteran's Day is celebrated on Monday the 10th. I was under the impression that this holiday is always on the 11th and that it is celebrated on whatever day that it falls on. Anybody have any info on that? If it is a three day weekend will it be really crowded? If not a three day will the holiday have any impact? (the 11th is on a Tuesday) Any info on this time period would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Julie

karpamonti
06-30-2003, 11:19 AM
My family will be getting there the Sunday before Vetrans Day also. I hope it isn't a busy time of year. I can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again. They are outstanding!!

BTT
06-30-2003, 11:53 AM
It might be Veteran's Day (Observed), how businesses try to keep the days tacked on to the weekend. The likelihood is that all government offices, banks, and post offices will be closed on the 11th.

Ben T.

dsnylndmom
06-30-2003, 01:23 PM
We were there for Veteran's Day weekend last year, it was a three day weekend, for my son's 4th birthday(he was born on Veteran's Day)and thursday, friday and saturday it was fine hardly any crowds(but lotsa rain thr and fri)but Sunday and Monday it was PACKED! I don't know if that's normal for Veteran's Day but it was so busy both days and then the weather did a complete turnaround and it was hot so it seemed like Summer!

Tina

tstan70
07-01-2003, 06:46 AM
First of all, Veteran's Day is on Tues, Nov. 11 this year. Last year it fell on a Monday, creating a 3 day weekend for government and bank employees. I was there last year with my family from thursday to sunday. Thursday was great, absolutely perfect day with a very small crowd. Friday and Saturday were very rainy (record rain days for Anaheim) and the crowds were small, even with the opening of IASW-Holiday and Believe...Holidays. For those that could handle the rain, it was enjoyable. As for Sunday (and from what I have heard, monday) the parks were packed. Disneyland was as crowded as any day I had ever seen. It took almost 20 minutes to walk from the Haunted Mansion to Thunder Mountain. We left Disneyland to escape the enourmous crowd and spent the rest of the day at DCA, where crowds still seemed quite large (45 minute wait for any ride at Flik's Fun Fair).

I don't think that Veteran's day will be as crowded this year as it doesn't create a long weekend, but any holiday these days seems to pull in very large crowds... I guess more people get Veteran's day off than they used to. Even with the larger crowd on days immediately surrounding Veteran's Day, the rest of the days were so peaceful, it was much better, IMO, than a busy summer day!

mrfantasmic
07-01-2003, 08:13 PM
it is PACKED!! My family went Veteran's Day and the resort CM said it was the worst fall crowd of the year... 2 options:
Stay away
Be really patient!!!

kisroo
07-01-2003, 08:20 PM
I've been there 2 different yrs for Vets day. Once, when it fell on a Weds and once when it fell on a Thurs. The yr is fell on a Weds, it was gloriously empty the whole time (Weds-Sun)~excepting Sat which IMHO is always crowded.
The yr we went when it was Thurs. we only enjoyed 2 days of reasonable crowds (thurs and sun) during our stay (Thurs-Sun).

I actually think that the holiday decor, including the HMH overlay, is making Oct-Dec more crowded at the parks.

Either way, though~you'll be at DL! Have fun! :)
~kisroo

pixiepal
07-01-2003, 09:09 PM
I have been there on that weekend (fri-sun) for the past three years, and it is always pleasant. Not crowded at all.

jerjer2005
07-01-2003, 10:48 PM
you can expect a 3 day weekend to have a lil more hectic crouds then normal