PDA

View Full Version : Some tourists vexed by closure

justagrrl
06-29-2003, 04:29 PM
http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=45828&section=LOCAL&subsection=LOCAL&year=2003&month=6&day=29

EandCDad
06-29-2003, 06:15 PM
I heard they did have fireworks. And didn't they close at 9, not 6. I mean, assuming these people were in the park. Someone flew half way around the world to see the Parade of Stars?

Rallymonkey23
06-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
I heard they did have fireworks. And didn't they close at 9, not 6. I mean, assuming these people were in the park. Someone flew half way around the world to see the Parade of Stars?

They did have fireworks. But they were let off around 11:30 last night (After the Pirates movie was over I presume).

And as for traveling half way across the world to watch The Parade Of The Stars..... I wouldn't walk across the street for that! :~D

Kuzcotopia
06-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Yeah, instead of Parade of the Stars, they got a REAL parade of REAL stars, right up Main Street.

That was class. Walk them right up where the guests could enjoy seeing them. GOOD SHOW!

jerjer2005
06-29-2003, 09:52 PM
(i do think people from across the country should be able to see the parade, although its old for us ts somthng never before seen for them)

but heres my problem with these people complaints that "flew half way around the country and missed out". unless im missing somthing, dont most people that come in from foreign countries stay at disneyland for more then one day??? I would think they would have the chance to see Disneyland's parade and fireworks on the days following.

dasrock
06-29-2003, 09:59 PM
should have read the MousePad :)

jerjer2005
06-29-2003, 10:01 PM
I know I know im a loser and got caught up in giving my 2 cents in this forum. :( :crying:

Polar33
06-30-2003, 01:30 AM
Here's something I realized today. Compare Saturday (pirates premiere Saturday) to a typical off-season day. Much like the off-season, Saturday's attendance was rather low because Disney got the word out to as many people as they could about the events that day. On Saturday most of the park was open for 8.5 hours with some places open as long as 11.5 hours, averaged out it's not much different than the 10 hours the park is open in the off-season. Also, in the off season there is no Fantasmic!, or Believe..., and just one show of the POTS. Furthermore, during the off season you can have multiple attraction refurbishments or even infrastructure refurbishments that may cause traffic flow issues and guest inconvenience as well.

On average, Saturday wasn't that much different than what you'd pay for during the off-season. The only difference is that it isn't something that you'd expect to happen in the peak-season. Plus, during the off-season, Guest Relations dosn't hand out comp tickets or park hoppers like candy. Sure it was inconvenient for many, but I don't think anyone got "cheated", as was implied in the article.

jazzjunkie
06-30-2003, 02:25 AM
dont most people that come in from foreign countries stay at disneyland for more then one day???

On a package tour? No.

Trust me.