PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting on the CM health department

Hawkeye Jenny
06-28-2003, 10:34 PM
I faxed them the doctor's note and they said it would be reviewed, limitations set and work position decided. That was a month ago and they still haven't decided (dunno if they've even looked at the note yet) what to do with me. I never knew it would take so long.:confused: Been calling every day and just getting an answering machine; my call has be returned only once. I don't want to sound impatient, but how hard is it to review a two-sentence note? Well..hate to face it, but I just can't wait much longer. I'm broke, living on food handouts from family and I'm about to lose my phoneline and possibly electricity from being unable to make recent payments. I called today and left yet another message, letting them know that I can only wait three more days. Then my intent to be a CM will go on the shelf and I'll have to find work elsewhere. Just ranting here...needed to vent a bit. :|

HBTiggerFan
06-28-2003, 10:47 PM
It might be time to go down there and ask whats up and get an answer to where you will be working. Remember Disney is not allowed to fire you due to a disability, however they are not required to place you on an attraction or any other position that could possibly make your health worse. You could find yourself in foods or stores. They could be stalling to get you to quit so they don't need to deal with all the accommodations you may require. When you filled out your application there should have been a box asking something about if you could fill the position without any special requirements, and then maybe a space to explain. If you checked "yes" on the box and now you need accommodations (no attractions in the sun, no lifting heavy objects) I don't think they are required to keep their offer extended, since before you signed the application there is a statement saying you answered all questions honestly and if anything is false your position can be terminated and your job is an at will job, you can be hired or fired for any reason.

Also, I hate to say it but if your utilities are about to be turned off and you can't afford food it is time to find another job that you can start work immediately.

Hawkeye Jenny
07-01-2003, 10:27 AM
They finally called today - within 3 hours of my politely delivered deadline - just to tell me that the note wasn't acceptable because it didn't have an offical header. Calling the doctor again so he can redo and refax. They did promise that it'll happen quickly once they get the new note; in fact they said if they get it today I can work tonight. (work what? Fantasmic's not back yet, right? They don't train at night in my limited experience.) I'm not exactly holding my breath. :p

Niwel
07-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Some jobs might train in the evening -- they might have you help close something or assist with an evening parade (which wouldn't require you to lift anything heavy). My friend worked in the kennel when she was on limited work -- hopefully your job will be more glamorous. :)

TruCinderella
07-01-2003, 12:49 PM
good luck with the job jenny-chances are there going to put you somewhere in GC be it a parade or the newly opened Xgames
They are taking alot of the DLR people and placing them in DCA parade & X games GC this week