PDA

View Full Version : Split stay or only Anaheim?

Tryvvv
06-28-2003, 08:52 PM
My spouse and I along with our little herd of 5 children;) are heading to the happiest place in October. The last time we went was in December 2001 and we only stayed in Anaheim. This trip we have more time and want to also include San Diego attractions such as Sea World, and the Zoo. My question is whether to split my trip with hotel stays in two different hotels one in Anaheim and one in San Diego, or just stay in Anaheim and drive down to San Diego twice. I realize that it is a couple hour drive each way, and do not want to waste to much time. But I have found the hotels in San Diego to be quite a bit more expensive. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.:confused:

HBTiggerFan
06-28-2003, 09:08 PM
If you have your exact dates that you want to go to San Diego I suggest you Priceline a hotel for Mira Mesa. Since you have a car it will be a much shorter drive to the SD Zoo and Wild Animal Park and Sea World. The reason I suggest Priceline is my boyfriend and I did Priceline on a hotel room last June for Mira Mesa and ended up at the Courtyard by Marriott (a 2.5 star hotel) for $40 a night.

That is an option instead of driving (it's about a 1.5 hour drive with no traffic).

Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6735&highlight=priceline) is a thread discussing the results.

This (http://www.biddingfortravel.com) is good resource to look at if you are going to use PriceLine.

HAVE FUN!!!!

MammaSilva
06-28-2003, 09:09 PM
If I were planning to do that .. I would find the most reasonable hotel I could in SD.. go there first, do the zoo the first day, sleep, do SeaWorld the second day then drive up to Anaheim after Sea World and check into the hotel for the Disney portion of the trip. While money is always a factor on any family vacation, putting too much time on the freeway getting between LA and SD you are going to lose more than the few dollars difference in hotel costs IMHO. Just imagine if there were some MAJOR traffic snafu and you were stuck on the freeway with the family on your way TO San Diego and didn't get there til much later than you originally hoped/planned....

jerjer2005
06-28-2003, 09:15 PM
I personally suggest staying in 2 seperate hotels. you will save on gas in the long run not to mention alot of saved driving hours of figiting kids!

i suggest doing priceline also.