PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Cookie Holiday cut out recipe?

Wavesprite1
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
We were at DL this last weekend and my daughter had a Christmas tree shaped sugar cookie that was dipped in chocolate. The cookie was like a sugar cookie but was very almondy tasting (like marzipan). Does ANYONE know where I could get the recipe for this cookie? It was AMAZING!

disneyobsessed
12-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Don't know the recipe, but those are one of my favorite Disneyland treats too! They seem to be around year-round, just in different shapes. The ones dipped in chocolate are better than the ones with regular frosting. The chocolate complements the almond really well.

tea4two
12-13-2011, 10:45 PM
I haven't tried this particular cookie, but maybe you could try a regular sugar cookie recipe and substitute almond extract for the vanilla. We did this once out of necessity (ran out of vanilla extract), and the cookies were delicious!

candles71
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
The whole mickey with dipped ear ones are not sugar cookies but are shortbread instead. Perhaps the tree one was as well. You could get an almondy taste to shortbread sometimes. I *think* Adrienne has a shortbread recipe in the holiday baking thread in the lounge. (She has posted it in the past.)