PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion audio problems

loungefly97
12-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Maybe I am the unluckiest person, but I have been on Haunted Mansion Holiday 4 times this winter/fall, and, I kid you not, each time the audio in the doom buggy has been distorted, glitchy, and in one case, did not play for most of the ride.

Worse, the last time I rode HM before the overlay, I experienced the same thing.

In my most recent trip, yesterday, the squealing of the paintings in the elevator room was excruciating. What's going on with this ride?

sjhanksaz
12-13-2011, 02:33 PM
I think it is because, if I remember right, Disney seems to crank up the volume on the holiday version.

Those old speakers in the doom buggies probably can't handle it very well and destort.

danyoung
12-13-2011, 05:23 PM
There's no way that Disney engineers would turn the volume up to the point that all of the doombuggy speakers distort. Sad to hear there were problems, though. I'll see it for myself in a week, and I hope it's all worked out.

MadasaHatter
12-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Yup.

It's been pretty bad lately. Time for a refurb.

Blacksheep Uncle
12-13-2011, 07:27 PM
we rode it 3 (maybe 4) times last week and the sound track only seemed to work correctly all the way through one time...it was very weird...it seemed like we were only getting half of the narration...

ImDMous
12-14-2011, 08:10 AM
We went in November and noticed the same thing. Some rooms didn't have the background music, some didn't have the narration, the balance seemed to be all wacky.

houseofmouse
12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I rode it on Monday and had to sit up away from the speaker because it was so loud. I also noticed in both elevators the horrid squeaking of the paintings.

loungefly97
12-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Well, I suppose I am thankful that I am not crazy.

Sad, though.

IllusionOfLife
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Yup.

It's been pretty bad lately. Time for a refurb.

While they're at it maybe they can give us the neat surround sound effects like WDW has in their Doom Buggies. Just as long as we don't get CGI ghosts at the end. ಠ_ಠ

MadasaHatter
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
I want the new CGI ghosts! The old ones are....well....old. But I vote for surround sound effects first!

danyoung
12-19-2011, 04:05 AM
While they're at it maybe they can give us the neat surround sound effects like WDW has in their Doom Buggies. Just as long as we don't get CGI ghosts at the end. ಠ_ಠ

I may be wrong, but I think the surround effect was only in the stretch rooms, not in the doombuggies. And I for one really like the CGI ghosts. It adds a fun element to the end of the ride.

DwarfPlanet
12-19-2011, 08:54 AM
I unfortunately did not get to experience the CGI ghosts but I did catch them in a couple postings and I thought they looked pretty cool. I wouldn't mind seeing a permanent upgrade to them.

cousinorville
12-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Saw WDW's CGI ghosts a few weeks ago and thought they were amazing. Great addition to the HM unlike the interactive queue IMO which thankfully was optional. Would love to get the stretching room audio in ours, it's a little touch but adds so much to it. DL's mansion could definitely use a little touching up and some TLC though. The walls/wallpaper in at at least one of the stretching rooms have been pretty scuffed up since at least last year's transition from Halloween to original for example... All things considered, it definitely could be way worse!