PDA

View Full Version : Grad Night Hooligans / Cheshire Cat Inquiry

otisney
06-27-2003, 07:00 PM
I need confirmation on something. On Friday, June 20, I saw that the Cheshire Cat's arm had been...

RIPPED OFF!

by, presumably, Grad Night hooligans the night before! I'm referring to the Cheshire Cat on the outside of the Alice In Wonderland attraction facing the Matterhorn.

Can anyone tell me if his arm has been repaired or if he has been removed from that sight (for surgery)?

Also, what other types of sheer destruction or other evil mutilations of the parks, attractions or any other part of Disneyland by mindless cretins have any of you ever witnessed or noticed through the years?

This makes me SO mad!:mad:

otisney

DisneyFan25863
06-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Isn't that Cat made of pure cement?

Rallymonkey23
06-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by otisney
Also, what other types of sheer destruction or other evil mutilations of the parks, attractions or any other part of Disneyland by mindless cretins have any of you ever witnessed or noticed through the years?

The apple being stolen from the Snow White ride. ;)

otisney
06-28-2003, 07:53 AM
The Cheshire Cat figure was definitely hollow. I believe it was made of a fiberglass / polyurethane composite. The day I saw it, you could see the hollow-ness of the figure through the hole in his arm. Yikes!

DwoernAdale
06-28-2003, 10:53 AM
There was a big glob of spit on Brer Bears backside where he is hanging over the pond in Splash last week after grad nights. It was there for 4 days straight, but had been cleaned off by our 5th day in the park. I noticed it every time we rode ICK (

~DW

Rallymonkey23
06-28-2003, 11:13 AM

Oh, I have more!

The removal of Adventure Thru Innerspace. The removal of the Skyway. The removal of the Submarine Voyage. The "New" tomorrowland. ;) :cool:

This makes me SO mad!:mad:

Yeah, me too!
:D ;)

Pirate Girl
06-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
The removal of Adventure Thru Innerspace. The removal of the Skyway. The removal of the Submarine Voyage. The "New" tomorrowland. ;) :cool:
:D ;)

Wait, what does Grad night have to do with the New Tomorrowland or those rides being closed? I'm lost as to how they are related? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rallymonkey23
06-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 100thGrimGrinningGhost
Wait, what does Grad night have to do with the New Tomorrowland or those rides being closed? I'm lost as to how they are related? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The are not. But as the OP asked,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I was just answering the question. :)

Pirate Girl
06-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Oh. Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Rallymonkey23
06-28-2003, 09:48 PM
No problem. :)

jerjer2005
06-28-2003, 09:50 PM
I think the outburst about tomorrowland was just pentup frustration steming for a troubled childhood. lolol i bet i sounded like a real psyciatrist there or maybe just a psycho lol jk.

anywayssss... It is so sad how grad night attendies are so disrespectful... but you know its bound to happen! I think they should stop grad night all together!!!

or atleast bind the students to small world floats and make them listin to the song over and over and over til they learn!!!!

HBTiggerFan
06-28-2003, 10:13 PM
I don't think there was any "outburst" about Tomorrowland. If I recall correctly those attractions were norrmally closed on Grad Night.

Grad Nights should go back to how they were, with a dress code. I think if there was a higher level of expecations with the students dress to start the students would have a greater amount of respect.

pixiepal
06-30-2003, 04:11 PM
Regardless of how dressed up someone is or not, if they want to be disrespectful of people and/or property, THEY WILL!

otisney
06-30-2003, 07:23 PM
I will repeat my original inquiry:

Does anyone know what happened to the Cheshire Cat? Was it repaired, replaced, removed or is it still there with its arm broken?

Anyone? Can someone please check? Thanks...

cemeinke
06-30-2003, 07:59 PM
The Chesire Cat appeared intact on Saturday (6/28)

hbquikcomjamesl
07-02-2003, 02:59 PM
I will say that the New Year's Eve crowds seem a bit less destructive than the Grad Night crowds (back in my day, Grad Night kids had a dress code, and were expected to behave themselves in a civilized manner).

Typical New Year's Eve prank: sticking party horns on the beaks of sculpted birds around HM (thereby temporarily turning them into hornbills!):D

chlee
07-02-2003, 03:13 PM
i was there that night. a lot of people were dressed up (from graduation earlier that night) and that didn't stop them from acting immaturely. as far as i could tell though, no one was rowdy. people were annoyingly loud, but i never noticed anyone being destructive.

mrfantasmic
07-02-2003, 07:05 PM
There's always been a lot of schenanigans that happen on grad nite dates... david koenig's mouse tales has some amusing ones...