PDA

View Full Version : DVC Annual Meeting

DVC Mike
12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
I attended the DVC Annual Meeting yesterday. Highlights:

Grand Floridian announced! Opening end of 2013.
On-line booking starts gradually beginning Jan 19
DVC members will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an AP
More TV channels including FOX News
Point reallocations are coming again in 2013
Vacation planner being mailed now – handed out at meeting
Will be able to use points to book the Grand Californian hotel again

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/th_DM_20111208_162603.jpg (http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/?action=view&current=DM_20111208_162603.jpg)

Toocherie
12-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks Mike! I think the GF DVC was the worst kept secret in WDW! I really like that we will be able to purchase the Tables in Wonderland without an AP. I've had the Premier for the past couple of years and have come to really like the TiW card. Not planning on going to WDW next year (which of course, could always change) but now this gives me the option to buy non-expiring parkhoppers instead of an AP for WDW.

GusMan
12-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks Mike for the info.

Online booking - well, this can be a blessing or a curse, if you ask me. I really like being able to talk to someone about my options before I lock in points. And while I am sure I can do that, I guess I will be competing with those who who are making ressies online. I guess how much this will succeed will depend on the user interface and what kind of information it provides while booking. Not making it sound like a downer, but I have not been impressed with Disney's online booking system for their hotels in the past.

TiW - not a real big perk for me since we dont do many TS eateries these days. Maybe if it is still around a few years from now, it would come in handy.

Nice to have other options in CA since the GCV is in high demand.

Toocherie
12-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes, it will be nice to be able to book the Grand again--but I bet the points will be very high (more so than the other hotels).

iSRS
01-03-2012, 04:56 AM
Does anyone know when this is going to be available? I have most of the days I am looking for through DVC now for the first week of April, but am wait listed for a day or two, and would love to book the one midweek day there as opposed to PP or DH.

iSRS
01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know when this is going to be available? I have most of the days I am looking for through DVC now for the first week of April, but am wait listed for a day or two, and would love to book the one midweek day there as opposed to PP or DH.

I just realized I didn't clearly specify what "know when this is" was. I meant booking a cash room with 'Reservation Points'