PDA

View Full Version : Mark VII Monorail Playset - Release Date?

iceman559
12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Has anyone heard anything about a release date for the new Mark VII version of the Monorail playset? Back when they announced it for the D23 Expo, they said a public release by the end of the year was likely, but I haven't heard anything yet. I remember reading something a while back saying it was expected to be late October, but unless I've missed something, that obviously doesn't appear to be correct. I've been interested in purchasing a monorail playset, but I'd like the Mark VII version if possible, and not the old version (especially WDW), which is all I see at DisneyStore.com leading me to believe it hasn't been released yet. Thanks for any information anyone can provide!

trypticon
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
We got the boy a monorail playset at the park in October. Not sure if it's the Mach VII one, but it's a burgendy Red in color and comes with plenty of track.

It also does the train noises by itself.

I turned the train OFF, and it was still doing them from time to time. It was like the train was posessed.

I took the batteries out after it started running around the track on it's own, even though the train was turned off.

Maybe they fix that in the update?

iceman559
12-06-2011, 02:10 PM
We got the boy a monorail playset at the park in October. Not sure if it's the Mach VII one, but it's a burgendy Red in color and comes with plenty of track.

It also does the train noises by itself.

I turned the train OFF, and it was still doing them from time to time. It was like the train was posessed.

I took the batteries out after it started running around the track on it's own, even though the train was turned off.

Maybe they fix that in the update?

Since you say its red in color, it sounds like it's the Mark VII. The new sets are modeled after the Mark VII monorails, which are the ones that are currently operating at Disneyland. The old versions are modeled after either the Mark V (the old Disneyland monorails) or the Mark VI (the current WDW monorails), I don't know which exactly. The easiest way to tell the difference, however, is the coloring. The new sets share the paint scheme of the current monorail. It's pretty much all the one color with two white stripes. The old sets are almost all white except for the colored stripe that runs down the middle horizontally. Based on your description, I'm assuming you got the Mark VII one. That makes me happy! I might have to contact DelivEARS or whatever they call it now. haha.