PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Island stuff

no1here
06-27-2003, 11:19 AM
It is confirmed that Tom and Huck will be walking around the island when it reopens. They will interact with guests and maybe do some storytelling. A "non-Disney" face character!

Rallymonkey23
06-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by no1here
It is confirmed that Tom and Huck will be walking around the island when it reopens. They will interact with guests and maybe do some storytelling. A "non-Disney" face character!

Can you tell us who confirmed this? Is your source reliable?

no1here
06-27-2003, 11:26 AM
100% reliable and true! My brother is one of them.

tod
06-27-2003, 11:56 AM

Actually, since the acquisition of ABC and the Selznick film library (and therefore, the classic Adventures of Tom Sawyer (http://us.imdb.com/Details?0029844)) I believe Tom and Huck are Disney characters now.

--T
movie hobbyist in his spare time

smd4
06-27-2003, 03:07 PM
I guess they could be considered Disney characters in the same sense that Alice and Peter Pan and Snow White and countless other "characters" are "Disney."

Folks should realize that many, many characters we associate with Disney are not Disney at all, but only Disney's interpretation of them. Disney was using "non-Disney" property long before Star Tours and Indian Jones.

no1here
06-27-2003, 03:17 PM
My favorite Disney character is Michael Eisner.

Sorry for the earlier misuse of "non-disney" it must have been some kind of typographical error, since all the world is a Disney character.

Morrigoon
06-27-2003, 03:54 PM
My favorite Disney character is Michael Eisner.
no1here: actually, I believe you'll find Shrek is a Dreamworks property ;)

Loki
07-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Wow, some of you Disney nerds take this way too seriously... Lets get passed the junk and to the point.. They are making an effort to do something to the island.. Its a good thing....

DivaPrincess
07-03-2003, 04:22 PM
I think that is so much fun! I can't wait to go there!

Huck and Tom are such fun characters!

RStar
07-07-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
no1here: actually, I believe you'll find Shrek is a Dreamworks property ;)

Wowa, that's cold.

Funny, but cold.........

;)

I'm glad to see that they did a fairly good job with the Island. And Tom and Huck don't bother me too much. Except being a little older than they should (Disney can't break labor laws now, ya know!).:|

cstephens
07-07-2003, 05:13 PM

There are pictures of them and other stuff on the island in this week's DLR update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030707.htm).

DisneyFan25863
07-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Loki
Wow, some of you Disney nerds take this way too seriously... Lets get passed the junk and to the point.. They are making an effort to do something to the island.. Its a good thing....

We are not Disney Nerds. We are Disney :geek:'s, thank you very much. :cool: :fez:

Kuzcotopia
07-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Tom and Huck are public domain characters. They belong to us all.

But Disney has done some pretty good films with these characters.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0106223

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0112302

SzczerbiakManiac
07-09-2003, 08:15 AM
gawd, what irony....

Loki
07-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Kuzcotopia
Tom and Huck are public domain characters. They belong to us all.

But Disney has done some pretty good films with these characters.

I beg to differ, Tom and Huck was Loosely based on The Adventures of Tom Sawyer... LOOSELY!!!

disNeytEen
07-09-2003, 12:47 PM
The books were ok, just a little short, and to many pictures

mrfantasmic
07-09-2003, 02:17 PM
The characters themself are public domain. It was written by Mark Twain who is out of copyright... the CHARACTERS our ours, but the interperetations are Disney's