PDA

View Full Version : room capacity

MMlover
12-06-2011, 08:14 AM
We will be traveling to WDW in October of '12. There will be 3 adults and 2 4 year-olds. We are DVC members who would like to stay at the BCV or BWV in a one bedroom. How much do they enforce the room capacity rule? There will be enough room for us, but I'm afraid they will tell us we have to stay in a 2-bedroom. Anyone with a similar situation?

Drince88
12-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Generally, Disney is pretty strict about room capacity. Kids over 3 count in the general capacity requirements. So if the one-bedroom resorts at those Villas don't allow for 5 people, you'll have to select a different villa or room type. I THINK I read that some of the AKL 1 BDRMs allow 5 people...

GusMan
12-06-2011, 08:31 AM
They do enforce the capacity rule. They will not allow 5 people on a reservation for a room only rated for 4.
The only 1BR units that sleep 5 are over at AKV and BLT. Otherwise, you are looking at a 2BR.

Other option - 2 Studio units, which may be near the same # of points used as a 1BR. Of course, that does not help if you want a kitchen and laundry in the room itself.

I know this is not necessarily good news, and is a common complaint among all Disney accommodations for those family's traveling with more than 4 people in the group.