PDA

View Full Version : Millionair-athon Saturday

tod
06-27-2003, 10:56 AM
Anybody else going to go to any of the ten shows of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire -- Play It! on Saturday?

My son and I both want to win one of those new black shirts...

--T

Mod note - edited to fix vB code - AVP

RStar
06-27-2003, 12:03 PM
I'll try to make it, Tod. Do you plan top be at all ten (unless you win first of course;) )? I would only make it in the evening, but after 6:00 the park may be a zoo when DL closes. So I don't know if I want to hastle it.

tod
06-27-2003, 12:12 PM
We'll get there as early as we can roll out of bed and drive down the 5. Certainly by noon. We may take a lunch break.

We should be easy to spot -- both my son and I are 6-2 (but seeing as he is 13, only one of us is likely to remain at 6-2) and we usually are in the Fastpass line. Mrs. t and my other son may join us now and then.

--T

timl33
06-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Dang it, I'd LOVE to attend, but we've got more pressing matters here at home (funeral to attend). Maybe next time.

RStar
06-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Cool, I'll try to make it.

mousetrap adam
06-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Actually it'll only be 7 shows - the old 12, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7pm swing - as per disneyland.com and today's CM reference guide.

tod
06-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by superadamohx
Actually it'll only be 7 shows - the old 12, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7pm swing - as per disneyland.com and today's CM reference guide.

Okay, no need to rush out of the house then. I'll laze my way down and breze in at noon.

--T

tod
06-29-2003, 09:22 AM
My son and I both managed to get in the Hot Seat and get our new spiffy 32,000-point black shirts. He did it at the 1:00 show, and I did it at 6.

--T
suddenly a fashion plate

DJ_MENTOS
06-29-2003, 09:58 AM
So any tips as to how to get into the hot seat?

tod
06-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DJ_MENTOS
So any tips as to how to get into the hot seat?

Don't get any wrong. ;)

Seriously, knowing the answers is the best way to get in there. In Round One the questions are easy and the best reflexes get in the Top Ten. Round Two, it gets tougher, and reflexes take a back seat to knowledge. Round Three, right answers are golden.

The reason for this is that audience points are earned for the value of each question plus 1000 points for each unused second. (This is not a big secret, anybody who goes to Guest Relations and asks can get the rules.) This means that early questions get most of their value from unused time; Round Two less so; success in Round Three is predicated on Getting It Right.

Other suggestions -- including some of mine -- can be found by doing a search on fastest finger in this forum.

--T
Million-point winner February 7, 2003, but I'll never admit it within 100 feet of Stage 17.
:fez:

jerjer2005
06-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Did anybody hit EVERY single show?

tod
06-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
Did anybody hit EVERY single show?

My son and I got there at 1:00. I took a bathroom break, he made the Hot Seat at the 1:00 show and I missed it, dammit. I made it into the Hot Seat at the 6:00, so that was the end of our day -- and our Millionaire participation for another month.

BTW, a guy made the Million at the 5:00. On my way out I grabbed a handful of confetti to give him later -- and he was still in the studio as I walked by so I handed it to his wife and said "Here. You're gonna want some more of this."

I didn't tell him I wish I had grabbed a handful when I won the million points, instead of the two lousy strands I did grab. It was his moment, y'know?

--T

AVP
06-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by tod
BTW, a guy made the Million at the 5:00. On my way out I grabbed a handful of confetti to give him later -- and he was still in the studio as I walked by on my way out so I handed it to his wife and said "Here. You're gonna want some more of this."

I didn't tell him I wish I had grabbed a handful when I won. It was his moment, y'know?

--T

Good for you!!!!!!!!!

I grabbed some and gave it to BTT after he won. I didn't even know him then, but I thought he'd want it. :D

AVP

BTT
06-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by AVP
Good for you!!!!!!!!!

I grabbed some and gave it to BTT after he won. I didn't even know him then, but I thought he'd want it. :D

AVP

Still have it, too, almost two years later (my gosh, has it been that long?)

Ben T.

jerjer2005
07-01-2003, 10:37 PM
see DCA does make great memories!!!! it would be an awsome expieriance to win the million... im just wanting in the hot seat!!!!

tod
07-02-2003, 07:07 AM
We could be back on Friday: The lovely Mrs. Tod hasn't got a black shirt yet.

We went for the fireworks Tuesday night and app'tly somebody hit the million again that morning. Maybe the stacks are getting easier?

--T

BTT
07-05-2003, 12:38 AM
According to Elyse, there have been a total of 32 winners since the attraction opened in September, 2001.

The guy who won on Tuesday apparently needed lifeline help to identify what a verb was.

As for the material being easier...trust me, it's not. :eek:

Ben T.