PDA

View Full Version : So at 6:30 this morning...

DJ_MENTOS
06-27-2003, 10:43 AM
I was at the gates to Disneyland. The gates opened at 6:30, and I would say a little more than 100 people were waiting in the lines.

Indy and Splash were closed early this morning, but reopened later. It was so much fun being there. There were a lot of people working there on the Pirates stuff. Also, there were a lot of "suits", executives walking around the place.
I can only imagine how the traffic around NOS and Critter Country will be later on this afternoon. Splash was already 50 minutes when I left at 9:30.

I was able to hit 19 rides in 3 hours: Splash, Pooh, Pirates, BTMR, JC, Indy, Haunted Mansion, Casey Jr, Dumbo, Carousel, Pinnochio, Snow White, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Storybook Land, Alice, Matterhorn, Roger Rabbit and Gadgets Coaster.

As I left at 9:30 though, the place was really getting packed, and hot.

Those of you that also went this morning, how did you enjoy it?

Gemini Cricket
06-27-2003, 11:47 AM
6:30am... that's early.

DJ_M - How were the poor CMs who had to work that early? They must have been tired.

DJ_MENTOS
06-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
DJ_M - How were the poor CMs who had to work that early? They must have been tired.

Most of them were. From the disposition of some CM's (not all but some) you could tell that they did not want to be there. I dont blame them, I wouldn't want to be working that early either, especially if I wasn't used to it. Others though, were their usual perky selves. Most of the guests seemed to be really enjoying themselves, as did I, since it was unique, being there that early.

Polar33
06-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
How were the poor CMs who had to work that early? They must have been tired.

Lets just say that there aren’t many of us that hope to do it again any time soon. :D

I am more of the type who likes to go to sleep at 4AM, not the type who likes to show up for a full day of work at 4AM so I was dragging through the whole morning (and the events after). Yet, a good number of CMs were able to show up to work that early and somehow still be filled with energy.

justagrrl
06-28-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
Yet, a good number of CMs were able to show up to work that early and somehow still be filled with energy.

Does this infer that they are coffee addicts or, ahem, addicts of another kind? cough - tweakers - cough

Disneyphile
06-28-2003, 09:53 AM
I actually had a very positive experience all day, from 6:30am through Midnight. The CMs I dealt with were pretty upbeat, with the best being our waiter, Randy, at Carnation Cafe for our 7am breakfast. Only one other table was occupied, so we had *no* problem with prompt service. Even the chef came out to talk to us about our meals, and even told me how to make the breakfast potatoes. :D

From there, we had a 5 minute wait on Peter Pan, and just basically walked onto rides up until 10am. It was starting to get really hot at that time and a little crowded, but the longest wait we had was about 20 minutes at any given point. I think most people were exhausted from the heat and frustration of the NOS traffic, because the park seemed to clear out around 6pm.

We decided to eat at Blue Bayou that evening, and got in the standby line around 8pm, and were seated at a waterside table within 10 minutes. Our servers there were also really upbeat and friendly, and the food was cooked to perfection. The hostess was even handing out POTC movie tattoos. :D

As for the "scenic steel framework", they finally draped it with mostly white curtains, so it wasn't as much an eyesore, but still horribly blocked the pathways and ambience of the river.

All-in-all, I think it was one of the greatest times I've had at Disneyland in a while. I'm very happy I went.

I lasted the entire 17.5 hours, plus an extra hour of shopping, although I'm still about to drop over at this moment, but it was worth it. :fez:

DopeyLover
06-28-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
Lets just say that there aren’t many of us that hope to do it again any time soon. :D

So are you at home already? What time did you get off?

Polar33
06-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Well, I ended up getting off a bit late at around 1:30 due to a scheduling error. They moved the opening shift back to match the early opening but forgot to adjust the shifts that take over for the openers to match.

justagrrl-a lot of people I work with are coffee addicts...I'm sure Starbucks is making a fortune of of the early opening.

Kevin Yee
06-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Disneyphile
I actually had a very positive experience all day, from 6:30am through Midnight.

This must mean Friday, rather than Saturday's premiere, right?
(because it's Saturday afternoon as I write this)

jerjer2005
06-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
cough - tweakers - cough

tweakers=cast member??? Nooooooo Never!

The mouse would be very upset if he found that out now wouldnt he!

Disneyphile
06-29-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee
This must mean Friday, rather than Saturday's premiere, right?
(because it's Saturday afternoon as I write this)

Yep, Friday...... it was fun. :fez: