PDA

View Full Version : My trip

PirateoftheCaribbean
08-20-2001, 10:12 AM
I am back from the park. It was great. I was there for four days and I never went to DCA. (sad, huh?).

Anyway, I haven't been for about a year, so I stopped in to the Tiki Room (I always do) and I saw what a mess it was. My God. I went back to my hotel for an hour to think about it. I decided to go back and I sat with Walt and Mickey for a while looking at them and thinking about why. Why can't they dust off a freakin' bird. I thought about what Walt was thinking now. What he thought about one of his creations being closed for a building full of advertisements (Innoventions), and His last attraction being closed down (Country Bears). I continued my trip. I headed through the Castle and walked to the entrance and I turned the turnstyle thirty times (noone was around it or inside it:( ) And I took a steady walk through of the Castle. After I exited I headed down Fantasyland and Watched the SITS Ceremony. I smiled at the kid who was chosen, and I got in line for Mr. Toad. While in line, I noticed a woman and three children heading towards the Carrousel. The Mom sat down and told her kids to get in line. The youngest went over to a railing and pulled a large piece of loose paint off. The mom joined them and made him throw it away. After exiting Toad Hall (I had a joyous time, indeed) I walked over to the railing and saw what a mess it was. A lot of thing were like this. I was beginning to turn red with irritance, so I rushed to Splash Mountain (I needed to visit a Laughing Place for a while). During the trip, I must have turned the Castle Turnstyle over 150 times. I rode the Storybook Boats and had a great time. My Jungle Cruise guide seemed very annoyed and one of his jokes was "Have a great day, Don't forget to visit the Hall of Peeling Paint, located throughout the park." In conclusion, I now know how terrible things are. I even spotted some stores in DL carrying DCA keychains and other things. This particularly annoyed me.

My trip was fun. It didn't prevent me from enjoying the rides and attractions. I saw the Country Bears four times and enjoyed each and every one of them. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess I'll start planning a trip to DisneySea.

08-20-2001, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the report. Those dang birds got me, too.

Did you also gaze into the lagoon and contemplate the late, great Submarine Voyage (R.I.P.)?

disneyhead
08-20-2001, 11:40 AM
I truly can't figure out why this is happening. What exactly is Eisner gaining. DL can't be saving enough to really make a difference. Paint isn't that expensive. How much would it cost to vacuum the dust off the birds. There has to be another reason. Maybe it is jealousy over how Walt could amaze the public and still make a profit.