PDA

View Full Version : Pumbaa parking lot

Maidenfan
06-26-2003, 09:21 AM
I've never parked here, didn't even know it was there until I saw it on the web site. Looks like it is across the street, is there a tram or bus that takes you to the front gates?Is it worth parking there???

Thanks, Maidenfann

stagedoorjonny
06-26-2003, 10:59 AM
It is actually over by CA Screaming and TOT. There is a tram over there that goes to where the busses and the trollies drop-off and pick-up.

Does anyone where they will put the gate for people to go and see this X-games event?

Maidenfan
06-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Thank you!

driftwood714
06-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Actually, that is incorrect. Pumba is the lot on the way to Timon, reached from Disney Way off the 5 freeway.

Andrew
06-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Please have a look at this map (http://i.disney.go.com/wdpro/media/dlr/webContent//default/eng/transportation/drivingDirections/map.gif) (from the official Disneyland Web site).

The Pumbaa lot, referred to in Maidenfan's original post, is east of the Resort on Disney Way (formerly Freedman Way), and designated as "H" on the map. Unless things have changed, there is no tram or bus service from the Pumbaa lot to the Resort proper. The Pumbaa lot is only opened when the main lots are full and other overflow parking (typically the Convention Center) is not available.

Stagedoorjonny, I think you are talking about the Timon lot, within the Resort border and designated as "G" on the map. It is here that the X-Games arena has been constructed. Tram service is available from the Timon lot to the east boarding area in the Esplanade.

disNeytEen
06-26-2003, 12:32 PM
Looking at the map it makes more sense to park at pinochio and take the tram (right outside of the parking area) and take the tram across to the parks

Darkbeer
06-27-2003, 12:09 AM
They do not offer tram service from Pumbaa, since the tram would have to run on city streets, and there is a much more restrictive set of rules on trams/busses that use public roads.

You have to walk to the park, if the lot is open....:(

(Ever notice the Cast Shuttle busses, that would have to be the type of tram they use...)

spacemtncastmbr
06-27-2003, 12:13 AM
They do run buses when the lot is open. They use the big tour buses. Thats what i usually see taking people to and from the lot.