PDA

View Full Version : Best Seats for Electrical Parade

jslivinski
08-20-2001, 06:47 AM
My son will be coming down with his grandparents next week and will be seeing the Electrical Parade for the first time. Where is the best place to sit?

Sheila
08-20-2001, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by jslivinski
My son will be coming down with his grandparents next week and will be seeing the Electrical Parade for the first time. Where is the best place to sit?

My choice would be on the bridge that is the south part of Mondavi Winery. Grab a seat on the south side of the bridge so you can lean against one of the light pillars. Makes it much better on your back!

Another benefit of the bridge is that nobody can walk behind you or "cut" through your seated party to get to somewhere in the park.

The north side of the bridge is probably alright but being on the "inside" of the curve makes it so that you can't see the floats as well.

If your family is going on a night with only one showing of the Parade, they'll have to grab seats up to an hour and a half before the parade time. Those bridge seats go fast. Last Saturday night, my BF and I arrived an hour early before the parade and got the very last of the available spaces for us.

If there are two performances, go to the second one and you will have absolutely no problem getting a choice seat. If a second performance isn't listed in the brochure, ask a CM - oftentimes they'll add an unannounced one if the crowds are heavy enough.

Bring pillows/sweaters or something cushy to sit on! :)

HTH,
Sheila

DisneyFreak2000
08-20-2001, 09:26 PM
Where's a nice place to take pictures?

Sheila
08-20-2001, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
Where's a nice place to take pictures?

Hmmm....that's a tough question since I've never taken any pictures of this parade at DCA (only at WDW).

My gut feeling would be to stake out the area in front of the fruit stand that's next to the San Andreas Shakes place. I say this only because it's at the end of a long straight stretch but on the "outside" of the curve in the road.

Basically, anywhere in DCA where the road curves after a stretch of straight road and you're on the outside of the curve (not the inside). That way you could get several different angles...

I believe all the balcony space at the Mondavi Terrace is now for paying public only? Is that the only elevated place from which to take photos? Anyone confirm?

I know there are some folks here who have actually checked this out.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sheila

Gregmh48
08-20-2001, 10:21 PM
It might be nice to take pictures as the parade travels along Paradise Bay with some of the Paradise Pier attractions in the background. If you do this, you will always be able to tell this parade apart from its previous versions.

jslivinski
08-23-2001, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the seating ideas. I will pass them on to my parents.:)