PDA

View Full Version : Concierge upgrade at hotels?

hazlnut
06-25-2003, 08:50 PM
I read a while back you could upgrade to concierge level at the time of check-in (something like $39-PP $59-DH $99-GC).

Just made last minute reservations for next week at GC, debated between the avaible rooms, wanted to go for the cheaper one and then upgrade when we check-in, but was told that they no longer do that.

Is this confirmed?

HBTiggerFan
06-25-2003, 08:51 PM
I think the upgrade is for concierge service not a concierge level room.

Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15436&highlight=Concierge+service) is more information :)

hazlnut
06-25-2003, 09:15 PM
right, service, I knew that.

called the GC front desk, they said $115 per room/ night... but no guarantee that concierge service will be available. I guess they cap it off so the lounge isn't overrun

BTW -- Expedia has rooms at $80 less than I was quoted by disney room reservations

dgdisney
06-26-2003, 06:49 AM
Hazlnut - My family stayed on the concierge level at the GCH in May. While we ended up with a room on the 6th floor we were told by the staff that the rooms are exactly the same as the other same class rooms in the hotel (standard, view, etc..). The biggest difference is the access to the lounge (and having to find your room key before you get to the elevator!).

Anyway - we would not spend the extra money for concierge again. The lounge was ok but not worth the extra $100+/per day. All of the hotel staff are exceptionally helpful - so no extras there. I would spend the money upgrading my room to a view of DCA or contacting the Disney Vacation Office and arranging to have them deliver treats to your room. Or use room service - much more comfortable than battling the lounge crowds!

After reading all of the trip reports it appears that the concierge service is really worth it for WDW - not yet for DLR.

Have a great trip!

hazlnut
06-26-2003, 10:29 AM
I know it is pricey, but for us, staying at the hotel is all about getting in the park early and heading back to the pool by noon. Which means we need that quick breakfast in the AM. Also the afternoon snack works for us.

But you're right, they're not offering you any bargin.

We were there in April, and the lounge wasn't that crowded. (except for story time). I'm sure next week, it'll be a different story which is why I'm thinking of just sticking with full priced 6th floor room rather than try to trade down and save a few bucks at check-in.

Had a concierge room at the Grand Floridian about five years ago (no kids), that was worth every penny of it.

I'm looking into a WDW trip for this Dec. Hear the Beach/ Boardwalk is great with kids because of the pools.