PDA

View Full Version : 13 rides in three days- some comments on our trip

efoxx
06-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Ok many of you know us from the lounge and other parts of MP, and you probably know that we don't post here very often. quit frankly it is because of our rather infrequent trips to DL we don't have much to add.
having just returned from our trip I thought I might post a couple of thoughts and insights.

First of all I want to say how cool it was to meet several of you. it is always fun to put a person behind the posts. I only hope I didn't dissapoint.

now the most controversial comment. we liked DCA:eek: . no it is not really a Disney park. and it did only take us half a day to do all we wanted to do, but it was fun. the bottom line is the basic theme of the park is kinda dumb. after just visiting SF the DCA golden gate bridge just didn't satisfy. the whole concept would appear to be nothing more then an Epcot WS pavilion run amok.

now the really sad part. in three days we experienced no less then 13 rides break down while we were in line on or arriving to ride. here is the list.
Sunday
1. soaring over Calif.; one side broke down turned our fastpass into a 45 min wait.
2. Roger Rabit;in line no reason given. came back 2 hours later and it was open.
Monday
3. Grissly Rapids; park opened with ride closed. we did not notice if it opened later.
4. Orange stinger; closed while we were in line. no announcement made. we found out when people started going the other way.
5. SM; ride closed when we went to check on getting FP. no reason given did not check back.
6. BT; closed when we returned with our FP. reopened a short time later.
7. HM; closed whhen we walked up told to try back returned next day.
8. Mister Toad; broke down when we were in line, reopened after 10 min.
9. HM; CM told us ride was temp shut down when we arrived. reopened later that evening
Tue.
10. Indy; Park opened without this checked back later to see a 30 min line for FP (no joke)
11. Pooh; broke down when we arrived to get FP. reopened before we left the area.
12. Roger Rabit (again) due to earlier breakdown the FP return line was 30 min long. no time given of standby.
13. Monorail; long story but twice we were not allowed to board the back of the train, only to have other people ask and get it by another CM later. 2nd tip train stopped abruptly leaving DL CM told us there would be an indefinate delay four minutes later we started again.

Now I don't want to whine, but this is SAD. something needs to be done. I can remember when we would swap stories about the rare times things went wrong. and to be honest in the last ten trips to WDW we experienced only two break downs. maybe some more money should be given to ride maintanence. when I spoke to the CM at GR she said that most rides were subject to "occassional problems" 13 in 3 days in not occassional IMHO

we did have a great time at the fantasmic dessert, but we met with a family who gives all the good APers a bad name. really rude and pushy.

someone recently posed the question "what would it take to stop you from going to DLR?" my answer is, memories of what it was, and hopes of what it can be. We don't plan on returning until we see some proof that things are better there. I don't say this to discourage or disagree with any of you APers. if we lived close by I would have an AP. the cheaper cost of multiple visits would offset the down side of the place. but for us is is a very expensive trip, and I don't want to waste it only getting depressed.

jerjer2005
06-25-2003, 07:07 PM
wow you sure did have some bad luck!!! isnt that some kind of a record or somthing! lol

onecutemoose
06-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Big bummer...your story makes me grateful (very grateful) I live so close (AZ) and can visit frequently. Hopefully the good memories still outweigh the bad stuff.

sleepyjeff
06-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Amen! I just got back from a 4-day, $2700, trip to a people maze. We stood in line for over in hour for Grizzly River run just to be told to come back later. Decided to go on the Maliboomer and waited twenty minutes(which seems like an hour to someone who is afraid of heights) just to be told to come back later. Next day we wait 25 minutes just to GET a Fast Pass and when we come back for our Fast Pass Time we are told to come back later...so we decide to use our other Fast Pass for Splash Mountain....and for a change we did'nt have to come back later...instead we get to wait over in hour(IN THE FAST PASS LINE) to ride. They apologized for the delay but said they had to get some of the standby line reduced....line created by Indy Breaking down.

We spent four days at these two parks.

TIME IN LINE....Aprox. 28 hours.
NUMBER OF
RIDES RIDDEN..24 (counting 5 monorail rides to Hotel)

That's over $100 a ride.

come on
roy; step up to the plate.

sleepyjeff
06-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Amen! I just got back from a 4-day, $2700, trip to a people maze. We stood in line for over in hour for Grizzly River run just to be told to come back later. Decided to go on the Maliboomer and waited twenty minutes(which seems like an hour to someone who is afraid of heights) just to be told to come back later. Next day we wait 25 minutes just to GET a Fast Pass and when we come back for our Fast Pass Time we are told to come back later...so we decide to use our other Fast Pass for Splash Mountain....and for a change we did'nt have to come back later...instead we get to wait over in hour(IN THE FAST PASS LINE) to ride. They apologized for the delay but said they had to get some of the standby line reduced....line created by Indy Breaking down.

We spent four days at these two parks.

TIME IN LINE....Aprox. 28 hours.
NUMBER OF
RIDES RIDDEN..24 (counting 5 monorail rides to Hotel)

That's over $100 a ride.

come on
roy; step up to the plate.