PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Premiere Aftermath

sancho
06-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Is anyone else nervous about how long it will take DL to get the riverfront and NOS back to normal after the premiere? With the removal of lamp posts and so much going up on TSI, could this affect the quality of Fantasmic? This will be a maintenance intensive project. What do you think?

MontanaKC
06-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Thanks for asking that question - I was wondering the same thing.

I want to go to DL on a Sunday (much better traffic for the ride down there) and was thinking of going this weekend. However, if all the bleachers, etc., are still going to be around, maybe it would be better to put it off.

However, the following weekend is the 4th of July weekend, and I'm afraid of big crowds for that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Darkbeer
06-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Well, Fantasmic! is scheduled to return Wednesday, July 2nd. So I presume Sunday and Monday will be used to remove the equipment, while Tuesday will be used to return the original stuff, plus test the Fantasmic! equipment.

MontanaKC
06-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Thanks - I guess I'll put off my Sunday trip for a couple of weeks then!

Kim

jerjer2005
06-25-2003, 07:11 PM
hopefully all of the equiptment will be taken down during after hours. I suspect that its a different company doing to premier and disney wont have to manage taking it all down.

Polar33
06-25-2003, 11:16 PM
The equipment will be taken down by the same mass of studio hired personel that put it there. After all, someone owns all that stuff and you can bet that they want it all back once everything is all said and done. Although I will venture to guess that there will be alot of random damage (minor I hope) after the studio people pack up and leave for the Disneyland crews to deal with.

BTW...Disneyland maintinance and technical services crews have very little to do with this event. It's primarily the studio personel in charge of everything, however when something goes wrong you can bet they are calling out the experienced DL folks to make things better.

sancho
06-26-2003, 02:53 AM
Is it my freakin' imagination or are the Fantasmic light towers on stage right and left being used as support for that screen. Look at the photos in today's article. The side view of the screen. You can see them. Doesn't this invite damage to these important tech pieces for Fantasmic? Hmmm...this could be interesting. Will anyone be at the first performance of Fantasmic after the premiere. I am interested to hear how it goes.

Polar33
06-26-2003, 01:00 PM
It's your imagination. The event screen is being held up using stand-alone equipment. The light towers are just behind where the screen is.

But it does bring up an interesting question as to what Fantasmic! elements they may incorperate into the event. I'm starting to regret that I decided to sleep through the rehearsals they held a few weeks back.

mrfantasmic
06-26-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by sancho
Is it my freakin' imagination or are the Fantasmic light towers on stage right and left being used as support for that screen. Look at the photos in today's article.
It is your freakin' imagination... but if they were... I'd have to be very worried. Those are cool lights.