PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort Research Invitation

Crystalyte
11-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Hi all, I just noticed this email in my inbox. It's an invitation for a Disneyland AP research discussion. Here's the body of the email.

Dear Disneyland® Annual Passholder,

As one of our most valued Guests, we would like to invite you to participate in a very exciting opportunity to help us better understand the experiences that Annual Passholders like you have at the Disneyland® Resort.

What: Disneyland® Resort Annual Passholder Research

When: Tuesday, December 6, Wednesday, December 7 or Thursday, December 8
between hours of 9:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Where: Disney California Adventure® Park

Why: $100 cash gift per visiting party (paid after completing research discussion)

If you’re interested, visit the link below to fill out a short form that includes your contact information and availability. We’ll try to accommodate as many of you as we can, but remember that space is limited!

It follows with a link to www.disneysurveys.com.

Has anyone else received on of these? Does anyone know if it's legit? The email addy it's from is inviatation@disneysurveys.com. The fact that invitation is spelled wrong sends up a red flag for me, but if it's a scam, how do they know I'm an AP? Any ideas?

currence
11-18-2011, 03:25 PM
I received a nearly identical email from the one you pasted about 6 months ago, with different dates and at DL instead of DCA. It was sent from DLrresearch2@disney.com with a click-through link to a specific disneysurveys.com page. It didn't occur to me that it could have been fraud and I submitted my information, received a phone call, and was able to schedule a time that I could participate.

It's always possible that someone has copied that old information, but if the link is to disneysurveys that seems less likely.

Crystalyte
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
It's always possible that someone has copied that old information, but if the link is to disneysurveys that seems less likely.

Yeah, I've received emails from disneysurveys for both the Halloween party and the Soundsational event. When I clicked the link in this email (bad, I know), the page looked exactly the same as the other two surveys.

AVP
11-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Someone I know also received it.

AVP

Crystalyte
11-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Someone I know also received it.

AVP

That's good to hear.

I went ahead and completed the survey. It was just like the other surveys I've taken. They asked my age range, if I worked in marketing/advertising, my pass type, and how often I visit the AP section of disneyland.com. After asking me if I was interested in participating in the research discussion, they asked for my name, email address and phone number. They said that they would let me know if I was selected to participate, then sent me to the Disneyland website. Hopefully I get to go!

trypticon
11-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I received this, as well, and was a bit confused by it, since my annual pass expired last month. I'd go, for the sake of going, since the $100 they are offering wouldn't be enough to warrant the plane ticket, lodging, etc. to get there.

danyoung
11-21-2011, 07:20 PM
It's interesting that this is by invite only, and only after what appears to be an extensive screening process. Seems like they can pick and choose and therefore shape the results that they get. I would think that a random sampling of AP holders met randomly in the park would provide a better sample. But then maybe they don't really want a better sample. Just a thought . . .

Bryan Live
11-22-2011, 07:15 AM
I did one of these years ago at DCA. I was randomly selected while at the park to be part of a focus group. They took us backstage, behind Tower of Terror, and asked a lot of questions surrounding DCA, kids and the Aladdin show. It's a great experience and an awesome way to have your voice heard!

spectromen
11-23-2011, 09:02 AM
It's interesting that this is by invite only, and only after what appears to be an extensive screening process. Seems like they can pick and choose and therefore shape the results that they get. I would think that a random sampling of AP holders met randomly in the park would provide a better sample.

TRU DAT! It's almost like it's just required research, not intelligent or proactive research!

Drince88
11-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Seems like they can pick and choose and therefore shape the results that they get. I would think that a random sampling of AP holders met randomly in the park would provide a better sample.
But maybe they're actually trying to get a cross-section representation of people, and for that they need to 'preselect' them. You're going to get skewed results in some demographic directions by just randomly asking people in the parks.

cstephens
11-23-2011, 10:04 AM
But maybe they're actually trying to get a cross-section representation of people, and for that they need to 'preselect' them. You're going to get skewed results in some demographic directions by just randomly asking people in the parks.

It may also be that they're targeting selected criteria on this. Depending what they want to know, that can be much more productive than just randomly asking people from off the street who may or may not be willing to on-the-spot take the time to answer the questions.

bumblebeeonarose
11-23-2011, 08:27 PM
They do randomly ask questions in the parks. We were accosted three times in 2 days this summer. This is probably something more detailed. I agree with cstephens that they're probably looking for specific targets. Probably what Drince said too, about having to look for a "random" sample by prescreening the surveyed.

danyoung
11-24-2011, 07:09 AM
I've done my share of Disney surveys over the years, both online and in the parks. And it's been my experience that they are looking for a certain response, and they tailor their surveys so that they get it. I have yet to see a true survey, one that asks open questions that can be answered honestly.

Blacksheep Uncle
11-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I've done my share of Disney surveys over the years, both online and in the parks. And it's been my experience that they are looking for a certain response, and they tailor their surveys so that they get it. I have yet to see a true survey, one that asks open questions that can be answered honestly.

that has been my experience too...I remember one about "healthy options" for food and in the 20 minutes worth of survey there wasn't one question I could answer by saying I was more interested in taste than with healthy options...