PDA

View Full Version : David on 97.1

DisneyBob
06-24-2003, 10:01 PM
I was listening to 97.1 tonight and thought that the Disneyland conversation was very interesting! David did a great job.
Also, after listening, I immediately ordered his books... Can't wait to read them!
There were a few things that shocked me during the broadcast:
Firstly, if I heard correctly, David mentioned that Indiana Jones was the last ride that would be put into Disneyland. How can this be true? :(
Secondly, a few cast members called in and mentioned that Disneyland management does not treat cast members very well. Cast members out there: Can you elaborate on this and briefly share your experiences and/or opinions? :confused:

Also, I would love to hear what other people thought of the broadcast/interview.

DisneyFan25863
06-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Hem Hem (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17738)

jerjer2005
06-24-2003, 10:05 PM
is there a transcript of the interview anywhere, it wouldnt come in on my radio and im very interested in hearing, or reading lol.

how can Indiana Jones be the last attraction when we had Pooh come along since then, and buzz on the way? maybe he means an added attraction without taking out another ??? iunno.

DisneyBob
06-24-2003, 10:06 PM
I just realized that there was another thread about tonight's interview already started... Sorry!

DisneyFan25863
06-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by DisneyBob
I just realized that there was another thread about tonight's interview already started... Sorry!

No need to be sorry, It's just that I've wanted to do that for a long time :fez:

HBTiggerFan
06-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Hem Hem (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17738)

SMACK! ;)

joke people!

cemeinke
06-25-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
how can Indiana Jones be the last attraction when we had Pooh come along since then, and buzz on the way? maybe he means an added attraction without taking out another ??? iunno.

I think in the context of the braodcast, David talked about Indy costing upwards of $100 million and that it was unlikely that Disneyland would see another attraction of this magnitude premier at the park.

In other words, new attractions are going to other Disney Parks. Disneyland is destined for lower-budget retreads.

cujosr
06-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
I think in the context of the braodcast, David talked about Indy costing upwards of $100 million and that it was unlikely that Disneyland would see another attraction of this magnitude premier at the park.

In other words, new attractions are going to other Disney Parks. Disneyland is destined for lower-budget retreads. Hence "Winnie the pooh"

Originally posted by DisneyBob
Secondly, a few cast members called in and mentioned that Disneyland management does not treat cast members very well. Cast members out there: Can you elaborate on this and briefly share your experiences and/or opinions? As for that I know that Location Managers don't give a rat's behind about front line CM's, but then they get the shaft from up high also. Proof: I went through 3 managment teams during my 2.5 years at DCA.

Polar33
06-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by cujosr
I went through 3 managment teams during my 2.5 years at DCA.

Bah, I've lost count at how many managers ODV has gone through in the time I've been there. I do know that it averages out to one change in the management structure about every other month. That reminds me...we should be due for annother change soon, I wonder who will get voted off the island this time...