PDA

View Full Version : Last Rider on Ride?

snappy
06-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Has anyone ever been the last person/guest to catch a ride on your favorite Disneyland ride? Do they do anything special? I only noticed once at Space Mountain cast members following guest through the line to signify, END of line.(I assume) Any others????

keschy
06-24-2003, 08:19 PM
On peter pan the CMs closed the line right at closing time. they stood there to make sure nobody else got in line, and believe me, people tried to!

jerjer2005
06-24-2003, 09:40 PM
I wouldnt say they do anything special, by the time the last person gets in line they are too excited about going home to do anything special lol

Morrigoon
06-25-2003, 01:11 AM
If we run out of guests before our actual closing time, I've been known to offer guests a re-ride... but that's rare. They sure do love it though ;)

Disneyphile
06-25-2003, 09:18 AM
I always try to be the very last person on a ride - a weird, but fun tradition.

Two of my best experiences so far:

Space Mountain - the CM had just pulled the chain across, but after my friends and I put on our best "puppydog" look and said "Pretty please?", she let us through. We not only ended up with our very own rocket, but we were also the only people on the entire ride - the only screams were ours. It was really cool! :D

And I ran onto BTMR right before they closed the queue, walked rather slowly, and ended up getting my very own train (one was already leaving the station right when I was walking up the steps). I sat all the way in the back seat. That was really cool too! :D

Lost Boy
06-25-2003, 07:40 PM
This isn't a "Last Ride" as such, but meeting Mickey in his Movie Barn as the last customers was a very special experience. Mickey is a very special friend to me, and he means the world to me. A friend and I were last into the house and we took our time wandering thru Mickey's House, and when we got to the movie barn, we where the only ones there. I was wearing my Mickey Gloves and a Disneyland hand made jacket and hat. When the Cast Member ushured us into the film room and then into Mickey's Dressing Room, it was the classic Mickey in his tux with tails and long red pants. He started forward to shake our hands, and then stopped and looked at us. He recognized me from our many encounters at the Park, and for the next 20 minutes Mickey, myself, my friend and the "handler" that stays with Mickey in the room with him, sat on the floor and "Commuincated" thru hand gestures and us talking and Mickey whispering in the "handlers" ear. The phone rang several times duing this time and the handler simply went to the phone and told them not to bother us as Mickey was in conferance. At the end of the 20 minutes I asked Mickey for his autograph on an 8X10 photo of him at the conlusion of Fantasmic! that I had taken, but before he would sign my picture, I had to autograph something for him, with the gloves on, He He. I had been practicing, so I autographed a piece of paper that the handler gave me. Then Mickey signed the photo, we hugged and left. As my friend and I walked out we looked at each other and both of us had tears streaming down our face. I said, "I fell like I'm 10 years old again". He agreed. That was the most special night we ever had at Disneyland.

onecutemoose
06-25-2003, 08:17 PM
I don't think this a last rider story...but at grad night (years ago) my friends and I had gotten really tired (we drove from AZ to the park right before it opened for us) and we went on POTC (for the millionth time that night) There were very few people in line and we fell asleep. (I know, I know...I'll probably hear about that) As we groggily woke up approaching the landing...the CM's just waved us through...I think we were allowed to ride through three times before disembarking. How nice was that! :)