PDA

View Full Version : Tributes to past attractions

JenGood008
06-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Please feel free to send me nasty PMs if this has been covered a million times before- I did a search but I couldn't really find much! I know that there are often tributes in new attractions to the attractions or areas that they replaced (hope that made sense!). To me, these are some of the very magical details that make Disneyland so special. Here are the ones that I know so far - please help me add to the list, and tell me if any of these are wrong :)

The Eeyore parking lot sign in the Indy queue

The microscope from Adventure Through Inner Space in the Star Tours film

I know there is something in Pooh for the Country Bears
(I know someone can expand :p)

In the NASA exhibit, there are some old skyway buckets and Rocket Rod cars (this doesn't really count as being in the same site as the old attraction, but oh well!)

I have also become kind of fascinated with finding other "chunks of the past" around the park. I have heard that a part of the House of the Future foundation is still visible near Ariel's Grotto or whatever it's called these days ;). Does anyone know if this is true or what other "chunks" there are?

JenGood008
06-24-2003, 07:18 PM
I just did another search and found this

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16314&highlight=tributes

so now I realy feel stupid...not really sure what happened when I searched before! Anyway does anyone have any more? Sorry guys :rolleyes:

Not Afraid
06-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Rufus (the snoring bear from the entrance to Bear Country) is still snoring away on Splash.

Big Thunder and environ has a few of them:
The pain pot reference on the first climb
The remants of the Mine Train track as view from the Mark Twain or near the brigde to Fantasyland

Pinocchio has none that I am aware of even though it was a replacement attraction.

I've never seen chunks of the HotF near the Grotto.

I'm fresh out (until I hit sumbit)

:fez:

Andrew
06-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Tarzan's Treehouse has a record player playing a recognizable version of the Swisskapolka.

The Pooh ride has the non-animatronic busts of Max, Buff, and Melvin mounted above and behind the entrance to the last show scene.

There are several Tomorrowland attraction posters in Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. These are supposedly from Imagineer Tony Baxter's personal collection.

Not in Disneyland, but in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, the Alien Encounter attraction's preshow video has several references to Mission To Mars (which preceeded it in the same show building).

cemeinke
06-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I've never seen chunks of the HotF near the Grotto.

But there is a miniature replica of the House of the Future on the Club Buzz stage

sancho
06-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Where can you hear the snoring bear? This is my absolute first memory of DL.

Not Afraid
06-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by sancho
Where can you hear the snoring bear? This is my absolute first memory of DL.

On Splash, in the beginning after the first rise. outside on the .....right???????

Someone help be out here.