PDA

View Full Version : Price Increase?

WigglesFamily
06-24-2003, 05:52 PM
We are buying our tickets at the Air Force Base before we leave this week. They raised the one day price $5 saying DL was raising their prices as of July 1st. Upon calling DL ticket office this morning, I was told they wouldn't know if that was happening until the actual morning they were raised (if they were at all). Has anyone gotten wind of this or heard through the grapevine about a price increase:confused:

DisneyFan25863
06-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Havn't heard of one, but I have been expecting one ever sence Pooh opened

HBTiggerFan
06-24-2003, 06:26 PM
I haven't heard anything but I think you may be able to get a really good deal from Disney with their Armed Forces Salute.

Click Here (http://i.disney.go.com/wdpro/media/dlr/content/eng/promos/military/index.html) for details.

They are offering a free 3 day hopper to the active duty person and 3 day companion tickets for $39 for friends and family.

Even if you are going to be there longer this may work out to be cheaper, along with tickets purchased for the remaining days.

jerjer2005
06-24-2003, 09:56 PM
I havnt heard anything about it, cast members are always hush hush about price increases. If they do it will probably be $49 for adults

DisneyFan25863
06-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
I havnt heard anything about it, cast members are always hush hush about price increases. If they do it will probably be $49 for adults

It's $49 for adults right now

DisneyBob
06-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Right now it is $47 for adults

jerjer2005
06-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
It's $49 for adults right now

yes, Disneybob is correct it is currently $47.00 for adults for a one day ticket.
click here for all ticket prices for DL/DCA (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=248903)

moebac
06-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Don't know about the price increase, but I also saw a WDW post that said the same thing.

As for the Armed forces salute, it's only for Active Duty military or Guard/Reserve on Active Duty orders (no retirees). You purchase those tickets directly at the park.

If you want to buy them through Tickets & Tours, you can check with other DoD installations. The tickets at the AFB in NM was $25 cheaper than AFB in TX. There are plenty of bases in CA. I think LA AFS would be the closest, but their could be another branch of service closer.

WigglesFamily
06-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Thanks for all the info! Our problem is that my dad is the one who works at the base here in Utah and is not going with us so buying them at a base in CA isn't an option :( . The adult prices at HAFB here are up to $45 for adults and $37 for children. Of course last week they were $5 less. If tickets at DL are $45 and $35, two bucks isn't much of a savings at all. Oh well lol, the $12 we save will buy us a couple of drinks in DL I guess!!:D....10 more days!! I've waited 9 years to go back, so I won't complain about the prices!

MammaSilva
06-25-2003, 02:14 PM
WigglesFamily, just a note of caution, if you are buying Military MWR tickets and you are NOT military then you are risking having your entire trip ruined when you get to the gate and they ask for your military ID. Those tickets are very very specific.. Military/Retired military use only. I saw a family of five lose the cost of their tickets ina blink of an eye.. because they were not eligible to use them. They had to go to the ticket booth and purchase tickets at the park. My brother is retired and I won't even have him buy the tickets for us when I am taking his children who do have the proper ID's.. it's just not worth the risk of being embarressed and/or losing all that money.

moebac
06-25-2003, 08:08 PM
MammaSilva does have a point. I just checked my WDW tickets purchased through KAFB and it says on the back 4-day Military Park Hopper. But I, nor any of my family members that I've bought tickets for have ever been asked to present proper ID.

Also, DoD civilians (which I'm guessing your Dad is) can also use the discounted military tickets. I'm sure he doesn't carry his DoD badge with him everywhere. So I wouldn't sweat it.

WigglesFamily
06-25-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure about the procedue (and yes, my Dad is a DOD Civilian employee) but according to base ticket office, they don't check the tickets at DL? we put them into a scanner? I don't have a clue...but will have him call the ticket office to ask them tomorrow if it's an issue with him not going. Don't know if it makes a difference or not since he's civilian, not military.

HBTiggerFan
06-25-2003, 08:27 PM
WigglesFamily,

At Disneyland you hand your ticket to the CM at the gate. They are the ones who put it in a scanner. They also look at your tickets to see what kind they are.

They may be able to be used by anyone who has them. There are some military tickets that can be used w/o the family member present, and some that can't. Read the fine print, and if they have any paperwork about the ticket and how it can be used bring it with you.

For $12 and a piece of mind, IMHO it would be easier to get your tickets at your local Disney Store (full price) to avoid the Main Gate lines or just buy them at the DLR.

P.S. I think at WDW they have a "self-serve" scanner.