PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fantasmic! Part

Pages : [1] 2

Fantasmic Fan
06-24-2003, 01:30 PM
I don't have just one favorite part of the show because I enjoy the entire show as most probably do. My favorite part has to be the beginning with Mickey as he opens the show and the end of the show as Mickey goes from the roof to the floor of the stage. I love to hear and see the reaction of the people that around me because of the way Mickey appears and reappears.

Now that you know my favorite part(s), what's your favorite part of Fantasmic!?

Not Afraid
06-24-2003, 01:44 PM
The MONKEY DANCE!

THe Peter Pan sequence

The Dragon

The Mark Twain

Did I leave anything out? :rolleyes: ;)

dshimel
06-24-2003, 02:05 PM
My favorite part is everything between the beginning and the end.

Other parks could try to duplicate some parts of Fantasmic!, but what other park can host a sword fight on a sailing pirate ship?

Gemini Cricket
06-24-2003, 02:47 PM
By far, the build up to the Peter Pan Section and the whole Peter Pan Section. Right from where Mickey says, "Uh oh!" until Smee says 'Oh, dear!'

My second favorite part is when real-life Mickey (at the beginning) puts his hands on his hips, the water fan goes on and animated Mickey is in the same pose. (The first time I saw that I almost messed myself, it was so awesome. I'm getting all misty just thinking about it.)

hefferdude
06-24-2003, 03:27 PM
One word...

Pachyderm!!!:D

dav
06-24-2003, 03:56 PM
"Now you will deal with me, and all of the powers of my imagination..."

(very powerful)

Water -- on fire -- impressive

-dav

jerjer2005
06-24-2003, 04:15 PM
hey dav! you stole mine!!!!! Its all about meleficent! I keep thinking that eventually she will win!!! Drats!

Im a villian fan and i absolutely loved the ursula float and was so mad when it left!
:mad:

BTMichael
06-24-2003, 06:02 PM
I most like the part when it ends and everyone clears out of NOS. NOS at night is one of my favorite Disneyland experiences, that is once the crowds from Fantasmic! have evaporated.

BTMichael

TheMur
06-24-2003, 06:18 PM
The sequence on the Columbia is just so fabulous!

I also love Pink Elephants on Parade!!!!! That's my favorite music portion.

The Mur

Ghoulish Delight
06-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Dragon.

Monkey Dance.

Elephants on Parade.

In that order.

experiment626
06-24-2003, 06:34 PM
The ending, it my #1 favorite part. But any part that involves Mickey, in any of his incarnations, work for me.

Lani
06-24-2003, 07:07 PM
I absolutely love the whole thing, but I do have to admit my favorite is from the point when the Mark Twain shows up. Seeing Steamboat Willie at the helm, watching all the characters do their choreographed scarf thing, and listening to the music crescendo... oh, and then when Mickey shows up in the end... OMG, it always leaves me in tears!

Sophie832
06-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Monkeys!!!

Actually, it's a tie between those and the very end with the Mark Twain (especially when the bass picks up when the boat is almost at the end of its journey).

Polar33
06-25-2003, 12:55 AM
Defiantly the Finale. Especially when they have the fiber optic spinney thingies!

Morrigoon
06-25-2003, 01:09 AM
My favorite part is the moment when Mickey appears on the Mark Twain amid a flurry of sparkles.

Also love when the dragon lights the river on fire

Also love the opening: feedback....then suddenly the lights go out and all you can see is the spotlights on stage left. Dramatic opening. Also a great ending.

Sophie832
06-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Although it doesn't move me as much as the other parts I mentioned, I always, always say that the dragon is the most magical effect (even knowing how it's done). It is just a spectacular moment when it breathes fire out onto the river.

SusanP.
06-25-2003, 09:31 AM
The part where Mickey appears at the top as Sorcerer Mickey always makes me cry. I don't know why, I guess I'm always so relieved to see that he won the battle again or something!

Yes, yes, I'm a dork, but I'm pretty sure it's okay to admit that here....:geek:

sancho
06-25-2003, 02:29 PM
I am loathe to say this, but I think that Fantasmic is the main reason why I like to return to the park as often as I can.

My favorite parts are:

Kaa

When those who I am with who have not seen it are startled by the cannon on the Columbia as it comes around the bend.

Steamboat Willie and the Chimney Sweeps atop the MT

Seeing my niece's face during the opening sequence when she was there two years ago. (This look ended when the rest of the show scared her witless. Perhaps she will do better next summer)

Mickey's grand finale atop the house on TSI. (As one friend put it, the show keeps getting happier until you feel like you could wet your pants. The only way you could be happier is if it were your birthday.)

drjones
06-26-2003, 12:36 PM
is it just me? or does anyone else get a kick out the part with Ursula, when she says she will take matters into her own????????? it is not tentacles she says.. does anyone hear it?? i bought the soundtrack years ago just to see if i heard correctly, and it does not say tentacles....i showed it to people at work and they dont hear it...i showed it to michelle, last week and she couldnt believe it

dav
06-26-2003, 02:18 PM
I am listening to it right now.

You know, it sounds like tentacles to me. Let me try slowing it down, resampling it, and reversing it...

I'll let you know.

-dav

MonorailMan
06-26-2003, 06:07 PM
My Favorite part: (On The Day It Came Back)

"Welcome To Fantasmic!..." (Hearing all the cheers and applause!)

Otherwise, it has to be the part with Mickey atop TSI.

Also, the whole fact that ROA turns into Fantasmic! is also neet-o. :)

mrfantasmic
06-26-2003, 06:21 PM
The opening sequence... its so cool when the lighting towers rise out of the island and do the flashy thing. The whole opening is so awesome... actually... i love the whole thing!

sancho
06-26-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by dav
I am listening to it right now.

You know, it sounds like tentacles to me. Let me try slowing it down, resampling it, and reversing it...

I'll let you know.

-dav

Can you also throw my thing down, flip it and reverse it? ;)

chlee
07-02-2003, 04:37 PM
definitely the monkey dance.

mrfantasmic
07-02-2003, 05:02 PM
or the dragon catching the water on fire... heck I love the whole show!