PDA

View Full Version : Baloo's Bargains

Dulie
06-24-2003, 03:42 AM
Has anyone heard of this store in DL... I thought I saw a thread on this before however I cannot find it.. From what I remember it is a discount store in DL....Any info would be helpful..

Dexter
06-24-2003, 06:18 AM
Baloos Bargains used to be a shop in the DL Hotel courtyard which sold outdated or surplus merchanside or stuff that didn't sell very well in the parks at really reduced prices. It has since been closed, all of the merchandise is now shuffled off to the Disney Character Wherehouse for liquidation. I personally was sad to see it go because it was a good place to look for stuff!

RStar
06-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Was that the same place that was on the other end from the glass shop, that had the glass blower in it?

JeffG
06-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by RStar
Was that the same place that was on the other end from the glass shop, that had the glass blower in it?

Yes, that's it. The store (and the glass blowing demonstration) is still there and still opened. It just isn't an outlet store anymore. It now is mainly a fairly similar stock to the crystal shop on Main Street.

-Jeff

RStar
06-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Wow, that would make it a pretty big crystal shop then.

tod
06-24-2003, 04:03 PM
It used to be known as Seaports of the Pacific and had fishing nets and glass floats and other South Seas stuff there. (Probably left over from Marc Davis' house.)

When I worked at the Hotel they sold old merchandise there, mostly from Pocahontas, so I started calling it "Pokey's Bargain Bin."

Which is what my wife and kids (and I) still call the Character Warehouses.

--T

Nancy
06-24-2003, 08:02 PM
I used to love that place!! I used to get the old Christmas stuff there for 90% off! It was great!! I rememmber when it was Seaports too . They had a cool woven sling style hanging chair we bought once. I sure miss the bargins tho.:)