View Full Version : The first photos of the Pirates VIP premiere

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
06-24-2003, 12:16 AM
http://disneyforever.com/disneyland/6_24_03/

Looks like a week of "bad show":(

Polar33
06-24-2003, 12:32 AM
And they haven't even made a dent in the amount of bleachers and other rigging equipment that they still have stored backstage.

I don't think you can tell from any of the pictures but they are also removing a few of the lightpole/speakers along the river to improve the view.

It's only day one and the traffic flow issues that it's causing are intense. I won't even bother to go into details on how traffic is being routed because it will be chainging every day. I do recomend that everyone use the DL railroad to get in and out of the area for the time being, suprisingly there wasn't a long line when I went by today even though it was impossible to leave NOS using traditional routes.

This is going to be one interesting week...

Veritech-1s
06-24-2003, 01:03 AM
Yea... traffic nightmare, its a headache trying to manuever through there, bad enough guests dont even realize your there trying to get through to begin with pushing heavy stuff, now its overly congested. we need tunnels. this makes rush hour traffic seem placid.

Laffite
06-24-2003, 02:31 PM
when's this again?

Preston

jerjer2005
06-24-2003, 04:19 PM
Its on Saturday...

When everythings done its going to be a sight to see... maybe there going to send the sailing ship columbia around with pirates on it!!!

pikachan
06-24-2003, 05:35 PM
While I think it's pretty cool to have the movie premiere at Disneyland, but think of ALL those angry guests that will be coming to the park that day. I feel sorry for the guest services department. They better get some incentives for their work that day. It wouldn't be fair to the cast members!
Does anyone know if guests can watch the stars arrive?

DisneyFan25863
06-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Where are they putting the projectors?

Andrew
06-24-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Where are they putting the projectors?

Projectors? I heard Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom were going to re-enact the whole movie, live.

Not Afraid
06-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Projectors? I heard Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom were going to re-enact the whole movie, live.

Awwww. And I'm gonna miss it.:p

snappy
06-24-2003, 07:06 PM
According to AP sources Orlando Bloom will not be attending the premiere at Disneyland. He is off shooting Lord of the Rings III. I also found out this past weekend they had a viewing of Pirates with the press/actors present to answer questions. Low key event, nothing like what is going on this Saturday in which I'll be there!!!

Klutch
06-24-2003, 07:11 PM
I thought all three Rings movies were shot at the same time. In fact, I'm quite certain of it. Can anyone confirm this?

If Orlando Bloom isn't off filming, perhaps he's too embarrassed by the movie to show his face. ;) I'm keeping an open mind until my wife and daughter drag me to see the film.

AVP
06-24-2003, 07:28 PM
Here's the scoop from the press invite:

WHO: From the film: Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Jack Davenport, Lee Arenberg, Kevin McNally, Vince Lozano, Brye Cooper, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski.

Other guests include: Nicolas Cage, Dr. Dre, Martin Sheen, Paul Stanley, Drew Carey, Andy Garcia, Owen Wilson, Cuba Gooding Jr., Tony Danza, Chris Chelios, Rebecca Romijn Stamos, John Stamos, Pat Riley, Kelly Lynch, Raquel Welch, Rachel Hunter, Emily Procter, Jane Seymour, Michelle Kwan, Eric Idle, Giovanni Ribisi, Michael Rosenbaum, Shannon Elizabeth, Khandi Alexander, Alexa Vega, Daryl Sabara, Amanda Pays, Raven Symone, Raoul Bova, William Fichtner, Jon Voight, Oded Fehr, Ed Begley, Jr., Jon Cryer, David Hasselhoff, Robert Townsend, Eric Balfour, Erich Anderson, Teri Hatcher, Lisa Rinna, Chris McDonald, Harry Hamlin, Corbin Bernsen, Ozzie Smith, Danny Bonaduce, Mark Wallengren Gabriel Casseus, Kerry Washington, Laura Leighton, Arlen Escarpeta, Scarlett Johansson, and more...

AVP

stan4d_steph
06-24-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Klutch
I thought all three Rings movies were shot at the same time. In fact, I'm quite certain of it. Can anyone confirm this?

If Orlando Bloom isn't off filming, perhaps he's too embarrassed by the movie to show his face. ;) I'm keeping an open mind until my wife and daughter drag me to see the film.

Yes, they did film all three movies consecutively. However, they are filming "pick ups" this summer for the third installment. Basically, anything Jackson feels they need to reshoot. I'm hoping they'll still be going when I'm in NZ in August, but I doubt it.

jerjer2005
06-24-2003, 08:00 PM
no , the public cannot watch the people arive... the hole area is closed off by 4pm and the hole park closes at 6. only press gets to see.

Veritech-1s
06-25-2003, 12:16 AM
yes all 3 were filmed at once but of course changes can and probably are being made and actually I beieve guests will be able to view the red carpet entrance, but thats all.

Polar33
06-25-2003, 12:45 AM
Yep, the word is still that there will be a "red carpet arrival" on Main Street that can be viewed by guests. However as always, things are subject to change based on whatever mood those who are in charge are in that day.

And again the park will be closing as follows:
4pm: the Westside (Critter Country, NOS, Frontierland, and Tarzan's Treehouse) closes
6pm: Disneyland officially closes (I assume that means no more entries after 6)
9pm (approx.): The rest of the park (Toontown, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Main Street) closes.

In related news, I have been told that the screen will be put in place tonight. And they brought in two more truckloads of equipment today...I don't know where they expect to put it all.

Veritech-1s
06-25-2003, 12:49 AM
yea seriously, its a mess as it is we dont need there stuff to make the backstage area worse, they get in the roads and interfere with traffic and daily operations, wish they would get this over with already.

Darkbeer
06-25-2003, 10:57 AM
There are a couple of new photos over at MiceAge.com, as Al updated his update from yesterday.

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al062403a.htm

Traci
06-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Wow. Any CM's here on Mouseplanet get to work that evening?

Rallymonkey23
06-25-2003, 12:22 PM
I went to check it out for myself last night and all I can say is WOW! It's not every day you can go to DL and see a huge screen in the middle of TSI being set up and bleachers taking up almost all of NOS. I wish I could go. :(

TP2000
06-25-2003, 03:01 PM
AVP offered this guest list for Saturday's Premiere Party in Disneyland:

>>>WHO: From the film: Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Jack Davenport, Lee Arenberg, Kevin McNally, Vince Lozano, Brye Cooper, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski.

Other guests include: Nicolas Cage, Dr. Dre, Martin Sheen, Paul Stanley, Drew Carey, Andy Garcia, Owen Wilson, Cuba Gooding Jr., Tony Danza, Chris Chelios, Rebecca Romijn Stamos, John Stamos, Pat Riley, Kelly Lynch, Raquel Welch, Rachel Hunter, Emily Procter, Jane Seymour, Michelle Kwan, Eric Idle, Giovanni Ribisi, Michael Rosenbaum, Shannon Elizabeth, Khandi Alexander, Alexa Vega, Daryl Sabara, Amanda Pays, Raven Symone, Raoul Bova, William Fichtner, Jon Voight, Oded Fehr, Ed Begley, Jr., Jon Cryer, David Hasselhoff, Robert Townsend, Eric Balfour, Erich Anderson, Teri Hatcher, Lisa Rinna, Chris McDonald, Harry Hamlin, Corbin Bernsen, Ozzie Smith, Danny Bonaduce, Mark Wallengren Gabriel Casseus, Kerry Washington, Laura Leighton, Arlen Escarpeta, Scarlett Johansson, and more...<<<

Wow. Will there be a single B or C List celebrity left in Los Angeles County on Saturday night? It sounds like every has-been actor and out of work actress in Los Angeles will be in Anaheim that night. God forbid that a bomb should go off under the bleachers on Saturday, because we would never be able to have another episode of Hollywood Squares ever again.

Tony Danza? David Hasselhoff (He's big in Germany)? Ed Begley Jr.? Jane Seymour?

What do these people do for a living? Wait for the next premiere party and then try and sneak cold-cuts out in their handbag back to the rented limo? And they are turning Disneyland into a disaster area right as Summer begins for these has-beens?!? I'm stunned and confused.

sancho
06-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Yes, I too was kind of noticing that list got less and less stellar the closer to the bottom one read.

tabacco
06-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Eric Idle!

mrfantasmic
06-26-2003, 05:47 PM
So have we decided how it is going to be projected? It's got to be using multiple projectors, cause its so huge!

TimBuk2
06-27-2003, 08:59 AM
I called DL yesterday to get the scoop !

The lady I talked to said she was part of the program on Saturday and it's true they will close DL guest entrance at 6pm, so if you're already inside, you can stay. But don't leave for any reason or you won't get back in.

Also, the 900ft red carpet is going down Main St. and over towards "Adventureland" entrance. I would assume they will begin to come out from behind the large gates near where the pin trader used to be (right side, beginning of Main St.). Or start near the Fire House. I'm sure they're not walking in thru the front gate.

But Main St. is "suppose" to be open for the public to see the stars walk by. Main St. ToonTown, Fantasyland should be open until 9pm, park closing.

Also, Mark & Brian from KLOS radio are suppose to be there, and they were told that Johnny Depp will be in costume! We'll see about that.

That's all I have to note.