PDA

View Full Version : The "Out" Crowd

Pages : [1] 2 3

DisneylandKid
08-19-2001, 06:45 PM
Who here likes attractions/aspects of the Disneyland Resort that the general crowd does not, or vice versa?

Here are my unusual likings:
Superstar Limo
Innoventions (ok...just kidding there)
Rancho del Zocalo (the food isn't great but I still eat it...almost everyone likes the atmosphere)

Here are my unusual "dislikings:"
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain drop :eek: (after it is over--I want to do it again though...strange)
Mad Tea Party (I'm so diiiiiiizzzzzzzy)

Morrigoon
08-19-2001, 06:53 PM
I like Animazement

Ralph Wiggum
08-19-2001, 07:27 PM
TIKI ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!

GongFishuang
08-19-2001, 07:51 PM
Some of the best stuff at Disney are the cheesy things!!! Tiki Room definitely!!! Superstar Limo wasn't that bad either guys. I thought the Joan Rivers plastic puppets were great and the tunnel at the beginning is cool too!! Nothing beats that in-ride photo!! Is it disgust or confusion?? Both!!?

DisneylandBoy
08-19-2001, 09:27 PM
I LOVE Toontown as well as Hollywood Backlot. They are just soooooo detailed and awesome!

Cadaverous Pallor
08-20-2001, 09:47 AM
I love Small World. I don't mind the song at all, and I think the whole ride is gorgeous. Storybook is another adorable ride. It's so fun when you're in the boat with a family with little kids! I rode Casey Junior with a dad and a 5 year old boy and he was delighted to be in the monkey cage. Disney kids are the best.

I love all carosels too.

Hey Kid, just wondering, what don't you like about Space? I always enjoy that one. I also dislike the Teacups, and don't spin the whole time on Roger Rabbit. Nausea is fun only in very small doses.

Doodle Duck
08-20-2001, 09:57 AM
Tea Cup Nausea SOLUTION....

Pick a tiny spot in the center of the wheel and don't take your eyes OFF it...not even for a second....untill the ride is at a complete stop. You will be able to spin as fast as you like and no nausea.

Thread: I love Small World (First rode it in 1964!)...Casey Jr. (It IS DL) and Toon Town (The spirit of, anyway)

Morrigoon
08-20-2001, 03:39 PM
Country Bears!

DisneylandKid
08-21-2001, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Hey Kid, just wondering, what don't you like about Space? I always enjoy that one. I also dislike the Teacups, and don't spin the whole time on Roger Rabbit. Nausea is fun only in very small doses.

I don't really like Space just because of the sudden drops...I can stand it, but it is not something I would request to do. I don't spin the whole time on Roger, too, but it doesn't spin very fast anyway.

Karin
08-21-2001, 11:47 AM
Small World
Tiki Room
Country Bears
King Arthur's Carousel

Napsto
08-21-2001, 11:51 AM
i like dca

Dreamstaker
08-21-2001, 06:49 PM
I like the Disneyland Railroad.

I do not like the parade!

analog8
08-21-2001, 08:35 PM
Yes someone posting with a Morrissey avitar! :D I guess one thing i dislike that everyone seems to like is POTC, man that ride is so long and boring to me.

stevemo
08-22-2001, 11:34 AM
I always make a point to see Great Moments w/Mr. Lincoln (I am not so sure about the new version), Main Street Cinema (Steamboat Willie and Plane Crazy), the fire station, and Sleeping Beauty Castle diorama walk-thru (I just wish they would fix the dragon diorama). I also always liked The Mark Twain at night. I enjoy Fantasmic as much as the next guy, but I really do miss riding the Mark Twain at night.

I always avoid the Teacups

amynicole22
08-22-2001, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by stevemo
I enjoy Fantasmic as much as the next guy, but I really do miss riding the Mark Twain at night.

If I remember correctly, the Mark Twain closes at 6p.m., and in the dark days of winter, you can experience a nighttime cruise before they stop running. Lil' sis and I went on once in January at 5:15p.m. or so and it was very much a nighttime ambience.

As for unpopular attractions, I love the Country Bears (*sob* *weep*), it's a small world (even without the holiday decor), the Main Street Cinema, and the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. If you ever see two brunette gals yelling at the last scene ("Make it Pink", "Make it Blue", "Make it Pink", "Make it BLUE!") that's me and my sister. I'm the one in favor of blue.

Rick
08-23-2001, 09:28 AM
Make it PINK!

Napsto
08-23-2001, 10:11 AM
nice sig rick.

Timhotep
08-23-2001, 01:54 PM
With the face lifts and all, are you sure the "plastic" Joan Rivers on SSL isn't actually the real thing?? ;)

I like the Tiki Room, myself....

Timhotep

Morrigoon
08-23-2001, 02:17 PM
Rick:

BLUE!

Mike
08-23-2001, 02:41 PM
Well, I dislike the Haunted Mansion myself. And you'll never get me on Indy.

Yeah, I know, I know....

Cadaverous Pallor
08-23-2001, 04:11 PM
Ooh, I think Mike wins this competition! Just curious, why don't you like Mansion and Indy? What do you think of Pirates?

Curiouser and curiouser. :D

DL*Guy
08-23-2001, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike
[B]Well, I dislike the Haunted Mansion myself.

I don't like the Haunted Mansion that much earthier, because it is scary to me. I think I have never seen the whole ride through. I keep trying to keep my eyes open but I can't keep them open though the ride. I only go on it for the music. I just love the tune of the music. I guess I will never see all of the new Christmas make-over as well. ;)

Nigel2
08-25-2001, 11:57 PM
Man if your that scared of Haunted here, dont go to any of the other ones, ours is so much more mild than the others. Also if they do get rid of the celebs in Super Star, I WANT THE JACKIE CHAN!!!!!

PirateoftheCaribbean
08-27-2001, 11:04 AM
The only things in DL that i don't like are Innoventions, Space Exhibit, Radio Disney Station, and Goofy's Bounce House.

DisneyFreak2000
08-27-2001, 05:43 PM
I LOVE Superstar Limo, It's hilarity! All the famous people throughout the ride and how Hollywood is portrayed is great. I also like Steps in Time (the musical numbers not the lame script), by the way the older brother couldn't singworth crap!!! I LOVE Annimazement too, I'm going to miss it.