PDA

View Full Version : Believe! Land closures?

miss bianca
06-23-2003, 05:07 PM
Do they still close down toontown during the Fireworks? Is anything else closed during that time? Thanks
šoš

jerjer2005
06-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Yes Toontown will ALWAYS be closed during the fireworks becuase thats where they launch them from! And its not just closed during the fireworks... as far as i can remember it eaither closes at 5:30 or 6:30.

Nothing else is closed during the fireworks.

jerjer2005
06-23-2003, 05:11 PM
Sorry, i should have said, nothing else is closed DUE TO the fireworks. Tom Sawyers Island will be closed. It always closes at Dusk.

Not Afraid
06-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Toon town is closed at 9:00 for the fireworks. The launch the fireworks from the backstage area behind Toontown. Occasionally, they will also close Small World and the area going to the train station, however, that only happens when the wind is blowing in the wrong direction or just a bit too hard. I have seen large burning embers crash down in Toontown. It is a VERY good thing they close it.

mrfantasmic
06-23-2003, 06:27 PM
The fireworks are launched from a computerized launch system several yards away from the back of toontown. The only fireworks physically from the park are on the castle.

DJ_MENTOS
06-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Also the area around the castle, is closed due to the fact that some fireworks are shot from the castle.

Not Afraid
06-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by DJ_MENTOS
Also the area around the castle, is closed due to the fact that some fireworks are shot from the castle.

You are so smart! Duh to me.:rolleyes: How often do I see Believe!?

MonorailMan
06-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
How often do I see Believe!?

Apparently not enough! :p

(Don't worry NA, I didn't think about the Castle closure ether) :)

mrfantasmic
06-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Oh.... yeah that just occurred to me

cemeinke
06-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Apparently not enough! :p

Good heavens! we already go once or twice a week - this is going to be a busy Summer.

miss bianca
06-23-2003, 07:53 PM
So the Fantasyland dark rides are open during Believe? Is it usually crowded in that area at that time?

Thanks - this will be our first time going in July - we usually go off-season so I'm a little confused :confused:

Not Afraid
06-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by miss bianca
So the Fantasyland dark rides are open during Believe? Is it usually crowded in that area at that time?

Thanks - this will be our first time going in July - we usually go off-season so I'm a little confused :confused:

Behind the Castle, they start shutting down the line for Pan and Snow early so there aren't people in line when Believe starts. They then rope off the area from in front of the carousel to the Castle to keep people out of that area when the Castle pyro goes off.

After Believe, they wailt for the Fire Marshall to clear the area before letting beople back in.

Incedently, if you watch Believe from behind the Castle, move toward the Pan side after it is over. You can then jump on an empty Pan and not have that notorious wait.

The other Dark Rides remain open during Believe.

only1mouse
06-25-2003, 06:07 PM
We were there last week and when we hopped on the boats at Storyland (I can't remember the exact name) the "driver" mentioned that since the fireworks were about to start we would have to stop in the canal and watch the fireworks from the boat. It was great. We had a great view and a castmember there telling us when things were coming (I was trying to get pictures of specific fireworks). It was actually pretty nice to watch the fireworks from there.

miss bianca
06-25-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by only1mouse
hopped on the boats at Storyland (I can't remember the exact name)
Storybook Land Canal Boats

That's awesome!! What a great Disneyland memory to have.

halestorm
06-25-2003, 06:55 PM
I have seen large burning embers crash down in Toontown. It is a VERY good thing they close it.

I kinda remember last year that one of those burning embers actually landed on one of the roofs at TT and the roof caught fire. They put it out really fast.

Is that true or is my memory "glowing away"

stitch626
06-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah, the fireworks are launched far from ToonTown. I've had the experience of watching Believe! from the top floor of the parking lot facing disneyland. Right where you would climb the stairs... You can sort of hear the music, but nothing is blocking you. It's pretty cool. ::shrugs:: Different than being on the ground level.

Morrigoon
06-26-2003, 12:58 AM
That would be the roof of Minnie's house. :)