PDA

View Full Version : 3 day upgrade to Premium AP?

rexfarms
06-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey everybody, I'm at work right now. One of my co-workers wants to get APs for her family but wants to make sure they like the Resort (who couldnt?) before she buys the APs. I know that you can get a 3 day (how much is that) and upgrade to an Premium AP right? How much more would the upgrade be? Does the 3day have to be used in 3 consecutive days? Thanks everybody for the help and my co-worker will be very happy once I get all of this info for her. :D

Leap for Joy
06-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Check out Darkbeer's post on this thread... this approach will get your friend unlimited fast passes for that first trip...
Deluxe Annual Passholder Info (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=17670)

rexfarms
06-23-2003, 03:35 PM
I'm more interested in a regular 3 day passport upgrading to a Premium AP. :)

jerjer2005
06-23-2003, 03:57 PM
You can check out the ticket prices at Disneyland.com, go to the ticket section.

No you do not have to use the 3 days consecutively. You must use all three days within 14 days of the first use.

A Priemium annual passport costs $225, you do the math after you check out the ticket section of Disneyland. com :D

Im too lazy lol

Darkbeer
06-23-2003, 04:00 PM
The difference between a 3-day at the park, and the 5 day Passport Plus is $3.75, (plus the $13 shipping fee per ORDER). ($119 versus $122.75).

What you might want to do is be nice and volunteer to take them to the park, since AP holders can buy a 2 day park hopper for $69 ($49 for kids 3-9).

But any ticket can be used to upgrade to a Premium AP. All you do is take the $225 cost of a premium, and subtract the price of the original Passport. So if you almost positive they are going to buy an AP, it doesn't really matter.

Something else to think about is the fact that many families get ONE Premium AP (for the parking, and merchandise discounts), and the rest of the family gets Deluxe AP's. But if they plan to attend on Saturdays, they will need to all get Premium's.

Leap for Joy
06-23-2003, 04:06 PM
Well, let's see...
3 day park hopper plus 2 free days (have to order in advance to get the 2 free days)
age 10 and up: $119
age 3-9: $95
The passport plus park hopper is a little more, but includes unlimited fast passes and breakfast in the park.

On the park hopper tickets, you have to use your days within 14 days of the first visit.

premium ap: $225
deluxe ap: $165 (has 45 blockout days)

experiment626
06-23-2003, 05:19 PM
We upgrade our 5 for 3 hoppers to AP's in April. We used to hoppers for a couple of days before we upgraded. It was simple and easy. We went in, paid the difference, got our pictured taken and off we went as new "AP'ers." As a side note, they are "suppose" to back date the AP to the first date that you used your hopper (or whatever ticket you are upgrading). So if you use the ticket on say July 1st, then upgrade on July 10th, your AP will expire July 1st the next year. You also can only upgrade to an AP that cost MORE then the ticket you are upgrading.

Mickeyslittlehelper
06-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the great ideas. If you purchase an AP off the DL website, how do u get your picture put on? Get it taken before your first entrance at the park?

Thanks,
John

Darkbeer
06-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, if you do by the AP from the website (and it doesn't make sense, since they charge a handling fee to send you the "vouchers", and there is no discount), they send you something that looks just like a normal Passport ticket. You use this "ticket" to enter Disneyland, and then go to the Plaza Pavilion Processing center at the Hub (near the entrance to Adventureland) where you turn in this "ticket" in. They will take your picture, and print out your AP on the spot.

But you can do the same thing at the Main Entry Plaza, and they don't charge a shipping and handling fee.

mrfantasmic
06-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey, check out the new 4 day passport deal... the only bad thing is it's non-transferrable... does it say on it? How do they tell???