PDA

View Full Version : I have the day before Thanksgiving off, is that a better day to go than....

Doug
11-10-2011, 08:41 PM
.... the weekend after Thanksgiving? I have a PAP so I can go anytime...

3Princesses1Prince
11-10-2011, 08:52 PM
The days leading up to thanksgiving have been busier than the holiday weekend itself the last couple years.

rickosuave1987
11-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Just FYI, Tuesday through Sunday are all rated a 10 on the forecasted crowd index on Touring Plans... I Know a lof of people who take the whole week off and travel.

disneyobsessed
11-11-2011, 02:04 PM
We've been to DL for the entire Thanksgiving week each of the last three years. If you have a choice, you should be better off going one of the days Thanksgiving-Sunday instead of any of the days earlier in the week.

curtsinore
11-12-2011, 01:34 PM
In 2007, have a trip report back around page 18 or 19. I found the day before Thanksgiving really strange. Many folks in the park drunk, real odd behavior ( all documented in my report) I think folks are anxious about family gatherings so they come to the park on Wednesday night and act out or hide from the fear of the next day.

olegc
11-13-2011, 09:02 AM
I visited the resort last year with my family of 5 on exactly this date. We got there right at opening - and the park was pretty much empty. Gathered fast passes for what we wanted, rode some of the biggies and went back and forth to DCA to get Screamin and TSMM and Soarin' before the crowds (did not ride anything else since we wanted to focus on Disneyland). The park itself did not feel "crowded" until late afternoon - and even then things flowed smoothly. We were done, literally done, with our day by 10pm. we had gone on every "major" attraction, had 2 meals, watched Fantasmic AND the parade AND fireworks (from Zocalo park). Once caveat - we did not ride many in fantasyland BUT were able to grab Alice, Storybook, and SWH which usually have long lines. We also hit Toad and Pinocchio and Snow but skipped the rest.

Bottom line - go at opening, with a plan, and your day will be quite full without too many hassles.