PDA

View Full Version : Parking question

crzy4mk
06-23-2003, 05:11 AM
New member on "the pad". Hope some of you Disneyland vets can answer this for me.

I will be coming to DL for the first time next month (I have always been a WDW man, but business is bringing me out west). Am I correct in understanding that a monorail will take you directly into the park from one of the parking areas? And if so, how does the parking rate compare to other lots? I'm assuming it's high.

Also, if I choose to do this, can I purchase my DL ticket when I board the monorail?

Any help would be appreciated.:)

EandCDad
06-23-2003, 05:45 AM
If you park in the Downtown Disney lot, the monorail station is right there and you can buy park tickets at the ticket booth next to the monorail station. HOWEVER, this is really, really, really, expensive. The Downtown Disney lot is created for shoppers at Downtown Disney, so it gives you 3 free hours (5 if you get validation at a restaurant) but then they charge $6 (or something) an hour. So, if you are only planning a short Disneyland stay, this might work out. But, if you stay for say 8 hours and eat at a DTD restaurant, you'll pay $18 for parking.

The lot for the theme parks is $8 for the whole day. The monorail is not there, but they have regular trams that take you right to the entry plaza where you can buy your tickets. Hope this helps.

SoCalDisneyLover
06-23-2003, 09:31 AM
The secret here is that you can actually park for Free for 5 Hours, and get from your car into Disneyland without having to deal with a tram or the Main Entrance, usually within about 10 minutes, you'll be inside the park.

If you go over the 5 hours(With Validation), it will cost you Big Time, so be careful if you ever do this. When I go late, like an evening when the park closes at 10 PM, and I know I won't violate the 5 hour limit, I sometime use this method to save time.