PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA - some additions and changes

cstephens
06-22-2003, 09:28 PM
It's been a little while since we've eaten at Pacific Wharf Cafe. We had lunch there today and noticed that they now offer sandwiches - turkey sandwich and roast beef sandwich. They look a little bit like the sandwiches that are offered at the Bakery on DL's Main Street.

Also, if you ask for the salad or the soups/chili with the bread on the side, they usually just give you the bread bowl in a bag. They're now slicing the bread up for you before putting it in the bag, so if you happen to not want it sliced for you, be sure to mention it to them ahead of time.

HBTiggerFan
06-22-2003, 10:10 PM
They have had the sandwiches for awhile now, as well as the bread slicing.

scottmen
06-23-2003, 12:48 AM
Do you get more soup when you ask for the bread on the side. I usually feel ripped by the amount of clam chowder I get.

Scott M.

cstephens
06-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
They have had the sandwiches for awhile now, as well as the bread slicing.

Thank you for that additional bit of information. I hadn't heard anything about it or remembered anyone having posted about it in any of the forums in which I participate, so I thought it might be something useful for people to know if they didn't. I certainly would have liked to have known ahead of time about the slicing so that I could have asked them not to do that for me.

Originally posted by scottmen
Do you get more soup when you ask for the bread on the side. I usually feel ripped by the amount of clam chowder I get.

Scott M.

I don't know whether or not you actually get more, but I think it probably seems like it since when you get the soup on the side, none of the soup gets soaked into the bread. I had the clam chowder yesterday with the bread on the side, and they gave me the soup in this little bowl. Seemed plenty to me.

Wizard69
06-23-2003, 01:57 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by scottmen

Scott M.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know whether or not you actually get more, but I think it probably seems like it since when you get the soup on the side, none of the soup gets soaked into the bread. I had the clam chowder yesterday with the bread on the side, and they gave me the soup in this little bowl. Seemed plenty to me.

Actually, you get LESS! When they put the bread in the bowl you get 2 scoops. In the cup you only get 1! I usually ask for another cup to make up for the 1 scoop and they give it to me.