PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

Werner
06-22-2003, 08:11 PM
I know it's only June, but can anyone tell me when the Christmas decorations usually go up?

Thanks

DisneyFan25863
06-22-2003, 08:32 PM
somewhere around early to mid November

AVP
06-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Several years ago, the day before Halloween.

Lately, the decorations have started to appear the day after Halloween, with the "drop dead" date (when everything must be 100% complete) the day before Thanksgiving. With a new park, new hotel, and Downtown Disney area to decorate, it takes a larger crew much longer to complete the jobs.

AVP

teri
06-22-2003, 10:32 PM
They were already starting to go up when we were there for my daughter's birthday, first week of November.

dsnylndmom
06-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Both times we've been there in November the decorations were up, once was Midmonth and the most recent time(last year)was early nov. and it was all Christmasy and pretty!

Tina

EandCDad
06-23-2003, 05:06 AM
On a sorta related note. If you are thinking of visiting in November, although the Christmas decorations are sometimes up as early as November 1, that's not a guarantee that all the other Christmas activities (shows, parades, fireworks, food) will be starting right then. I think the last couple years they started the activities on the 1st or 2nd one year and the 8th the next year. I think there are threads about the exact dates out there.

I think you can sorta count on most stuff being going by the week of the 10th this year. I'm betting it'll be the 3rd, but the 10th for sure.