PDA

View Full Version : Corkscrew In Space Mountain Confirmed?

Pages : [1] 2

Rallymonkey23
06-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Tonight our tram guy was telling everyone about the opening of Tower Of Terror in Spring 2004. After that he said to remember to come back in 2005 for the reopening of Space Mountain. With a new track, sound system and a corkscrew. When he was done talking I turned around and asked if that was confirmed and he said yes. I know alot of CM's don't know the "whole" truth to some things. But I got to thinking. Why would his boss let him say them things to customers if it wasn't true? :confused:

Anyone hear any different?

jerjer2005
06-22-2003, 07:53 PM
I havnt heard that for myself. but the tram spiels are pre arranged, they cant just say anything they want. I guess all we get is the corkscrew instead of the pre-discussed loop that we were all wishing for :(

AVP
06-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
But I got to thinking. Why would his boss let him say them things to customers if it wasn't true? :confused:

My pet theory is that many tram RTs are frustrated Jungle Cruise rejects, who tend to spiel entirely too much. I have heard RTs say that:

1) That Disneyland was closed for the day, and that all visitors would need to buy tickets for DCA. (Not true)

2) Fantasmic! would be performed twice that evening - be sure to check your park map for details. (This was in April)

3) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster would be coming to DCA in 2005. (I wish)

4) Be sure to stake out a spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade, which returns to Disneyland after a 5-year absence.

Etc, etc, etc....

If the rumors are true, the new tracks for both Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland's Space Mountains were ordered from Vekkoma at the same time, and are identical - no loops, no corkscrews.

AVP

DisneyFan25863
06-22-2003, 07:59 PM
I've gotten used to pretty much hearing the Tram people saying everything. Alot of the stuff about new attractions is not true. I've heard in just the past 2 years that:

MAOWTP was actually gonna be a LIM launched coaster
Thunder Mountian is going to become a double looped mine train
Star Tours would be getting a new film that very day
and many, many more

Unless it was pre-recorded, I take it as a rumor :)

HBTiggerFan
06-22-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
I havnt heard that for myself. but the tram spiels are pre arranged, they cant just say anything they want. I guess all we get is the corkscrew instead of the pre-discussed loop that we were all wishing for :(

You can't be serious...you can't tell me you believe everything every CM says....

They can say whatever they want. They shouldn't give mis-information, false information or information that hasn't been made public by a press release. Thats not to say that they can't say it.

The best way to know if something a CM is saying is true or not, is to just figure it is false unless you have heard about it on the news, in a newspaper or on a press release. Rumors are rumors until you see them with your own eye. Remember that...

MonorailMan
06-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Tonight on 60 Minutes:

Jungle Cruise Rejects...and how they plan to distroy the Disney company as a whole.

Anyhow, I dislike tram people that get to Speil happy. However, there was one nice tram CM that gave us the lotto numbers, we one a buck. ;)

sydney
06-23-2003, 03:14 AM
My pet theory is that many tram RTs are frustrated Jungle Cruise rejects, who tend to spiel entirely too much. I have heard RTs say that:

I'll second that sentiment... I actually overheard one tell a tram full of people that if they couldn't find their car, then they were in "da' Nile!"

That joke is only funny when you're traveling down the "longest river in anaheim". :)

JeffG
06-23-2003, 08:56 AM
My all-time favorite tram spiel occurred during the construction of DCA. One tram announcer, apparently being completely serious, announced that the new park would appear to be in the shape of the state of California when viewed from the air...

-Jeff

Bill Catherall
06-23-2003, 09:19 AM
I see the start of a new thread..."Favorite tram jokes."

IndyBones
06-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by AVP
My pet theory is that many tram RTs are frustrated Jungle Cruise rejects, who tend to spiel entirely too much.

Yup. There you go.

mrfantasmic
06-23-2003, 06:29 PM
moderators, please delete

adriennek
06-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Actually, we don't delete posts. You deleted your text within your window, which is fine, but we leave posts where they are. Even if we delete text from someone else's post because it violates community policies. we don't delete the post, just the text.

Back on topic...

A few years ago I heard a tram driver say that Disney was building an exciting, NEW theme park in the former parking lot. So there you go.

Adrienne

LifelongAngelsFan
06-23-2003, 07:20 PM
LOL Adrienne. Btw, when is it opening?

Gemini Cricket
06-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by LifelongAngelsFan
LOL Adrienne. Btw, when is it opening?
Oooh, burn! :D

You know, to be honest, I haven't really noticed the tram guy say anything but 'Don't pull the leaves off of the trees!' and 'Ma'am, we need you to have your child sit while the vehicle is in motion.'

Gemini Cricket
06-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
Oooh, burn! :D

You know, to be honest, I haven't really noticed the tram guy say anything but 'Don't pull the leaves off of the trees!' and 'Ma'am, we need you to have your child sit while the vehicle is in motion.'
Waitaminute! Did I post this in the wrong thread? Are we talking about 'favorite tram jokes' or 'corkscrews'? I'm confused.

mrfantasmic
06-23-2003, 07:47 PM
see the new thread? Here it is! (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=17724)

Haldwitten
06-24-2003, 01:36 AM
I've thought and thought and can't figure out what MAOWTP stands for. Which attraction is this?

MammaSilva
06-24-2003, 02:14 AM
Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh

tabacco
06-24-2003, 03:50 AM
Vekoma, eh? Well, here's hoping it's not another bumpy mess like some of their other rides :(

Haldwitten
06-24-2003, 06:28 AM
Duh. Of course. I know that's the full name of the attraction, but we usually refer to it just as "Pooh" (or other terms not really Pad-friendly).

Mr. Fusion
06-24-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
I've gotten used to pretty much hearing the Tram people saying everything. Alot of the stuff about new attractions is not true. I've heard in just the past 2 years that:

[...]

Star Tours would be getting a new film that very day

Very possible he/she was referring to the new "film" they use in the digital projectors on Star Tours. Last I heard in March, they had two digital projectors installed and working (and I must say they looked darn good that day!) and the rest would be retrofitted later this year. Was told I saw the digital version, and the only difference was the absence of scratches and color fading (no visible pixelation). Good job, Mr. Lucas!

-Mr. Fusion

DisneyFan25863
06-24-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Fusion
Very possible he/she was referring to the new "film" they use in the digital projectors on Star Tours. Last I heard in March, they had two digital projectors installed and working (and I must say they looked darn good that day!) and the rest would be retrofitted later this year. Was told I saw the digital version, and the only difference was the absence of scratches and color fading (no visible pixelation). Good job, Mr. Lucas!

-Mr. Fusion

That could be it, but he also mentioned it being themed to Pod Racing

Ace
06-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
That could be it, but he also mentioned it being themed to Pod Racing

I hope not.

alohastichy
06-24-2003, 07:32 PM
ok... so i talked to a WDI engineer today (he gave me a ride out of the hot sun) and he said the track wasn't changing much AT ALL... just really being restructured and reshaped for new launching.

I got so many tidbits today being all over backstage... it was fun!

zapppop
06-24-2003, 08:54 PM
It's been confirmed repeatedly that the track is not changing, so I wish I knew where people get the silly idea that corkscrews, loops and launch cannons are in our future. Euro Disneyland's Space Mountain will not come to Disneyland.

Mike:

Don't trust the tram CM's. One of them said a while back that the next theme park is going to be " The Little Mermaid's Water World " and will be opening in 2007. YEAH RIGHT !!! TDA will be lucky if they've fixed DCA by then.