PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland wins again!

teri
06-21-2003, 10:49 PM
I just spent 3 days at Disneyland with my autistic son, on a last minute trip. We just got home tonight. We have been to Disneyland twice and WDW twice in the past 4 months. We were supposed to be house hunting in Florida this week, but my son is going through some more medical tests so we had to stay in California.

Disneyland Rules!!!!!

And keep in mind, I LOVE Walt Disney World. Disneyland park is so incredibly pleasant from the moment you approach the property to each corner of the park, it is just super. The vast majority of CMs are terrific. The theming is wonderful. But what makes it so much superior is that Disneyland feels more personal than WDW/Magic Kingdom. Maybe it is because we have seen the same CMs so many times over the years, while the ones at WDW don't seem so familiar. Or maybe it is just that my son feels so comfortable there and will approach people, talk to them, ask questions in ways that he won't do in other places. It is a terrific place to practice social communication with him, mostly because so many CMs are patient enough to listen and respond to him. Maybe it is just the scale - it is just the right size for us. It is soooo nice to be able to walk anywhere onsite.

There are rough edges, the hotels aren't quite perfect yet, they still have a way to go in getting DCA to be more appealing. But we had such a nice time on this trip!:)

LifelongAngelsFan
06-22-2003, 12:26 PM
No question that DL is better than WDW/MK. I always thought it odd that WDW/MK didn't improve upon DL. It had the benefit of learning from DL mistakes and has much more room.

I remember reading that Walt wasn't too interested in WDW/MK. He was interested in doing the next great thing. To him WDW/MK was "been there, done that".

WDW Resort is better than DLR.

experiment626
06-22-2003, 12:41 PM
I love Disneyland Park VS the Magic Kingdom. I can just remember my mom saying where Alice, What about the StoryBook Canel Boat, etc. I think the phrase of our trip was "they don't have that." :D (Told her she needed to do some reaserch but she wanted to be "surprised")

But I agree, there is just something about WDW and being "immerssed" in Disney.