PDA

View Full Version : New McDonalds : only French Fries and Drinks

zapppop
08-19-2001, 10:49 AM
I saw the new signs for the McDonalds they're opening near the Haunted Mansion and all they have on the menu is french fries and drinks. What a waste.

JRob2k1
08-19-2001, 11:32 AM
If you go over to Mouseinfo.com: http://www.mouseinfo.com/updates/081801/dis1.php they have pictures of the Harbour Galley remake.

All I can say is...ugh!

They are taking out some of the most unique food of the park and replacing it with the most common, disgusting(IMO) food there is....McDonalds!!

I really dont like the idea of McDonald's food in Disneyland. Sure I understand there can be sponsers for rides/restaurants....but a McDonald's really makes Disneyland unoriginal.

They all ready have that fry cart that does the exact same thing...Fries and drinks! Now they both locations, ugh! I hear Redd Rockets is going to be turned into a McDonalds...but with just fries and drinks. Then Club33, well you get the picture...;)

Also if you look at MI pictures, do you see the "hidden" McDonald's sign?? Lets keep all the hidden secrets for Mickey Mouse and such...not other companies!

UGH!

-JRob

DisneylandKid
08-19-2001, 12:04 PM
I agree that McDonald's has no place in Disneyland. The fry stall near Big Thunder smells of greasy fries, and I do not think that New Orleans Square needs that smell...ugh. What was at the Harbor Galley before? All I knew was that it was an interesting building.

Bill Catherall
08-19-2001, 12:12 PM
If they're going to do french fries, they should at least make it Fish 'n Chips. That would fit the look better, and I believe they don't currently offer that anywhere else in the park. It would greatly add to the snacks in the park.

Kevin Yee
08-19-2001, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I agree that McDonald's has no place in Disneyland. The fry stall near Big Thunder smells of greasy fries, and I do not think that New Orleans Square needs that smell...ugh. What was at the Harbor Galley before? All I knew was that it was an interesting building.

Check here, http://www.mouseplanet.com/chef/mcdis.htm - my report from summer 2000. At the time, they were looking at a full-sized McDonald's, not just fries. That link includes the Galley menu.

I miss the popcorn shrimp, and especially that cajun sauce.

MMFan
08-19-2001, 01:08 PM
Um, it would be kind of nice if a food place themed to water, if not the sea, would serve at least a few things associated with water...such as fish. But if a lot of people don't care for that kind of food, at least don't make the Harbor Galley's management look semi-literate (or inept in steel work) by having their weathervane with an E (east), N (north), S (south), and an "M."

The symbolism of all this comes together: a building representing the water/ocean theme, with a conceptually schizoid sign that shows a fisherman on the sand and the McDonald's logo and word "fries," in a Disney park next to another Disney park that is so far, far below the quality of a new Disney park themed to the ocean. While I'm going ga-ga over photos of TDS, here we are at the DLR scratching our heads about the thinking that went into DL's Harbor Galley. Meanwhile, at the full-blown McD's across the way in DCA... (Be happy that at least the golden arches logo wasn't made any bigger, both at DCA and DL.)

FantasmicFan82
08-20-2001, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee
I miss the popcorn shrimp, and especially that cajun sauce.
That was my First though when they took it out.
:( :mad: :(