PDA

View Full Version : Where does DLR purchase its holiday light decor?

MidwayManiac
10-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Particularly, I'd like to know where I can get my hands on those bulbs that hang in the trees between World of Disney and the tram loading/unloading station.

They're spherical and probably in diameter something between the size of a softball and volleyball.

Now that I've nearly shelved our Halloween decorations, I'm getting an early start staging and planning Christmas stuff. Hey why not? DLR already had these bulbs in the trees my Oct. 28 visit. :)

If you have any idea where to find these, I appreciate the help. Thanks!

olegc
10-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Particularly, I'd like to know where I can get my hands on those bulbs that hang in the trees between World of Disney and the tram loading/unloading station.
They're spherical and probably in diameter something between the size of a softball and volleyball.
Now that I've nearly shelved our Halloween decorations, I'm getting an early start staging and planning Christmas stuff. Hey why not? DLR already had these bulbs in the trees my Oct. 28 visit. :)

If you have any idea where to find these, I appreciate the help. Thanks!

I have actually seen them at several standard places like Ace Hardware, Loew's ,etc. However, they were very prevalent about 5 years ago - now it may be harder to find them..

MidwayManiac
10-30-2011, 10:39 PM
places like Ace Hardware, Loew's ,etc...

Thanks. I find something similar at these stores as well, however, they're always a minature version (like golf ball/ baseball size) of the ones I see at DLR (softball/ volleyball size).

I have hundreds possibly thousands standard size bulbs and was lookin' to go bigger this year. And we all love the ones by World of Disney.

katierella
10-31-2011, 07:57 AM
http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/7996/TEMP-166100523.html

AVP
10-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't know where Disney gets theirs, but when I used to do event decorating Bethlehem Lights (http://www.bethlehem-lights.com/) was our go-to place for large-format lights. I don't think they have a retail option for consumers (they were to-the-trade only), but they can probably put you in touch with someone locally who distributes their products.

AVP

MidwayManiac
11-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't know where Disney gets theirs, but when I used to do event decorating Bethlehem Lights (http://www.bethlehem-lights.com/) was our go-to place for large-format lights. I don't think they have a retail option for consumers (they were to-the-trade only), but they can probably put you in touch with someone locally who distributes their products.

AVP

Very nice. Thanks. I'll be in touch.

TTFN92
11-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Bethlehem Lights sells stuff on QVC. Don't know if they have what you're looking for but may be worth a shot.

foolishmortal
11-06-2011, 03:23 PM
try All American christmas lights They have lots of display lights. We use them for our wedding events.

Polar33
11-07-2011, 06:34 PM
While Disney sources their holiday decor from several different places, a significant amount of the non-custom items does indeed come from GKI/Bethlehem Lighting. I've used their products many times myself, and I've never been disappointed.