PDA

View Full Version : Odd yet important question [birthday announcements at DL]

PXSgeek
06-20-2003, 07:56 PM
my girlfriend's 16th birthday is coming up, our 1st date was to disneyland on the 14th of december, we decided to go back on august 14th(oddly enough her birthday) i just found out the surprise b-day party i was planning for her has to be cancelled. due to family stuff, now i really want our next trip to d-land to stick in her mind, i know having her name spelled out in fireworks during Believe! might be too much to ask but is there anyway to get some show like Calling All Space Scouts or something to stop even for just second and buzz to say happy birthday to her, maybe at the golden horseshoe? something! anything! her favorite character is Ariel, anyone have any plausable ideas?
i dont care about how much money it takes but i want it to be REALLY amazing...ya know something that will make her go:eek: or:D or:crying: ...hehe sorry for the long post...thanks for any help!

Rallymonkey23
06-20-2003, 08:04 PM
I think you answered your own question.
I have seen the cast at the Golden Horseshoe sing Happy Birthday to someone in the audience before. So thats probably your best bet. :)

PXSgeek
06-20-2003, 09:33 PM
how would i get the cast at the horseshoe to sing happy birthday? would i have to schedule it? ask on the spot?:confused:

HBTiggerFan
06-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Go to City Hall, get a birthday sticker and make it visible.

blusilva
06-20-2003, 10:02 PM
If you have a pass for both parks, why not take her to lunch over at Ariel's Grotto at DCA? Maybe it can be arranged for her favorite character to sing to her. Don't know if they'll do it, but its an idea.....

If you are having a Disneyland-only day, maybe if you go over to Ariel's Grotto over there (are they still calling it that? Where she does the signing, near Triton Gardens?) you can have her meet Ariel in person. That may make her very happy.

Oh, yeah, the sticker is a must. :)

Andrew
06-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Go to City Hall, get a birthday sticker and make it visible.

That's the best suggestion. Many CMs will do extra "special" things for you if you're wearing the birthday sticker. Not guaranteed, of course.

cyberRoo
06-20-2003, 11:33 PM
If money is really no object, I'd call either the main number or the Fairy Tale Weddings people, and tell them what you want to do. We know that they'll help set up marriage proposals and whatnot, I can't imagine that they'd refuse to take your money for a "mere" birthday request.

Andrew
06-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by cyberRoo
If money is really no object, I'd call either the main number or the Fairy Tale Weddings people, and tell them what you want to do. We know that they'll help set up marriage proposals and whatnot, I can't imagine that they'd refuse to take your money for a "mere" birthday request.

As long as it's not a "same-sex birthday"!

(ducking and running)