PDA

View Full Version : Magic Morning?

Marcel Slangen
08-19-2001, 09:38 AM
Hi all,

Starting on 30 aug. I willstay in Anaheim during four days. From my hotel (not Disney owned) I can buy a three or four day flex passport. One magic morning is offered on this passport.
Via this website I found that magic mornings are not on wednesdays and sundays. All other days of the week you can normally get early in the park, according to this website.
My questions on this magic morning offer are: Is there a special gate for early entry, or is it the same gate that is used for normal admission?
What time the magic morning starts?

Is there anyone who used that magic morning and knows how it works?

Greetings,

Marcel Slangen

EandCDad
08-19-2001, 01:20 PM
Marcel,
Magic mornings opens about 1.5 hours before the park opens. During the time of your stay, that would be approximately 7:30am. You go to the regular (main) gate. No special gate is used.

Just a note, when I went the only land that was open was Fantasyland. It was nice to have that land opened, but its not like you get the whole park before the crowds get there.

It has been about 2 years since we used Magic Mornings, so others may have better information.

PS - Welcome to the boards, hope you let us know how your trip went.

Cogsworth
08-19-2001, 01:58 PM
We go annually. Our next trip will be almost the same as yours. We will be flying down on Friday, Aug.31 and flying out Monday Sept.3. The last few years Disney has expanded their Magic Morning program. It initally was limited to one land (usually Tomorrowland) with 4 attractions open and a character breakfast. The last few years they have made it available to more people. It makes the park initially more crowded than it used to be. They also opened up more attractions. There is usually a combination of rides open that appeal to all age groups. The attractions can change daily and can include different lands. There is wisdom in getting to the gates in advance of the early opening. The first time we experienced the change in approach to Magic Mornings we made the mistake of getting there at the Magic Morning entry time of 7:30 am. It took us nearly half an hour to actually get into the park. So get there well in advance of the posted time. I hope this helps and have a wonderful time.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-20-2001, 09:51 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but does this cost anything? If so, do you need to buy tickets in advance? Where do you get them?

Just curious, probably wouldn't go that early anyway.:)

tjrj
08-20-2001, 11:48 AM
Everyone who purchases a package through WDTC(Walt Disney Travel Company) is able to attend "Early Entry"(Magic Morning) -even if you are not staying at the DL Hotels. Guests at all 3 of the resort hotels can attend Early Entry whether they purchased a package or not.

When we stayed(the latest visit was 2 years ago) Fantasyland was open and most of Tomorrowland. I hear that now the "lands" and attractions that are open may have changed.

I totally understand that you may not want to get up that early while on vacation-however, I HIGHLY recommend it if you are elgible. You can see so much in the early morning-with little or no wait.

As far as I know, Early Entry is not available as a separate ticket. You can purchase the breakfast though. From what I hear(see Kevin's review) the Plaza Inn has a good character breakfast.