PDA

View Full Version : Bummed Out--Weren't Able to Get Tickets to the Halloween Party...

mowsluver
10-25-2011, 07:56 AM
I guess we will have to live through everyone's photos. :crying:
Mt daughter is a Marine and since she will be deploying soon, she has been away for training for the past 6 weeks. She didn't get tickets sooner because she wasn't sure that she would even be back to go. She will be gone again next week so we can't go on Halloween itself.
Stupid question, but does DL ever state 'sold out' when there are some tickets still available?

bennette
10-25-2011, 08:11 AM
I guess we will have to live through everyone's photos. :crying:
Mt daughter is a Marine and since she will be deploying soon, she has been away for training for the past 6 weeks. She didn't get tickets sooner because she wasn't sure that she would even be back to go. She will be gone again next week so we can't go on Halloween itself.
Stupid question, but does DL ever state 'sold out' when there are some tickets still available?

Two years ago I bought on a sold out day at the gate (I lost mine somehow) but I have to imagine things may have changed between then and now. The event gets more popular every year

AVP
10-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Stupid question, but does DL ever state 'sold out' when there are some tickets still available?If you are close enough to drive to Disneyland today, I'd suggest asking in person at the ticket booth to see if there are any tickets available for same-day sales. I'd only recommend this if it's a quick drive - don't make a trek, because the answer may be no - but it's worth a shot.

AVP

mowsluver
10-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Well, we are about an hour away but I will take a ride up there Friday morning. This means a lot to my daughter! Halloween is more important to her than Christmas. Plus she will be deployed for a year so she won't be here for NEXT Halloween! She is trying to do as much as possible with her young girls before she goes...keep your fingers crossed for me please!!!

tea4two
10-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I just read on another fan board that tickets to the HP on 10/28 are available through the Dine Line (714-781-DINE). Someone just bought 2 tickets for Friday's party by phone. Give it a try ASAP -- it may work and save you a drive to the ticket booths!

HTanner
10-25-2011, 02:08 PM
I would definitely tell the person you ask to buy tickets from that they are for your daughter who is deploying soon. I think your daughter should get to go!

mowsluver
10-25-2011, 05:18 PM
I tried to get some through the DINE number and they transferred me and THEY said they are sold out. I guess I will just try to drive up there Friday and see if we have any luck.
Has anyone ever had luck getting same day tickets to a sold out event at DL???

mowsluver
10-29-2011, 01:29 PM
WELL!!! We ended up being able to get tickets and went to the Halloween Party last night!!! The kids had a blast, the weather was nice and it made my daughter happy and sad at the same time. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice!
Happy Halloween!!!!

danyoung
11-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Excellent - very happy to hear it!