PDA

View Full Version : Ramada Inn Maingate or Carousel?

Lekta
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Any experience in either of these hotels recently? Love the location. One issue is, it will definitely be the Ramada on our first night, as we are flying in late and for some odd reason Carousel is over $300 for that night alone (November 25th)! At any rate, I'm deciding whether we should just book the Ramada for the whole 6 nights, or move over to the Carousel the next day for the remainder of the 5 nights.

Thank you all so much! Been loving this site for many years!

ChurroGirl
10-20-2011, 07:51 AM
DH and I have stayed many times at the Ramada. It is a decent hotel, comfortable beds, great customer service and showers are always hot!
The only think I kind of freaked out about was that no matter what room we were in the floors always left my feet black. We bring our own towels so I take the hotels and layed them out. That is my only con that I can think of.

Have never stayed at the Carousel as the price was never what I wanted it to be and per Hotels.com we have to pay for parking.

Hope that helps.

Lekta
10-20-2011, 07:56 AM
I just realized that the Ramada is on Katella (totally thought it was on Harbor). Does this make for a super long walk into the park? I've stayed at a hotel on Katella before, and it was a lengthy walk.

candles71
10-20-2011, 08:07 AM
I just realized that the Ramada is on Katella (totally thought it was on Harbor). Does this make for a super long walk into the park? I've stayed at a hotel on Katella before, and it was a lengthy walk.

There is one on Harbor, which is the Maingate. The one on Katella is the Ramada Plaza and is right on the corner of Harbor and Katella, by the Subway, if that gives you an idea. Ramada Maingate North is over the freeway north of the park, just to clarify ( they all three come up in a search). I believe Maingate is the one CG stays at. I stayed there once, and liked it for the same reasons as CG.

Lekta
10-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Ok, so its a healthy walk to the park from Maingate?

candles71
10-20-2011, 08:15 AM
No Maingate is between Disney Way and the Harbor crosswalk. If it is the Plaza (Katella one) it is a healthy walk. Here (http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/search_results?areaCodeAR=&areaCode=&latitude=33.81111111&longitude=-117.9188889&state=California&country=UNITED+STATES&entityType=ATTRACTIONS&advancedSearch=false&entry_source=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ramada.com%2FRamada% 2Fcontrol%2Fspecial_offers1%3Fintcmp%3Dhomepage_bo x1_gbar%26cid%3DIP-RAM_PPC_GGL_TM%26008%3D%26004%3D2356367218%26005%3 D10085670%26006%3D9111486778%26007%3DSearch%26002% 3D2193669&brandCode=RA%2CDI%2CHJ%2CKG%2CSE%2CTL%2CBU%2CMT&searchWithinMiles=50&resetSession=true&areaType=3&destination=Disneyland+Resort%2C+California%2C+UNI TED+STATES&stateName=&state=&countryName=&country=US&checkInDate=10%2F20&checkOutDate=10%2F23&numberRooms=1&numberAdults=1&numberBigChildren=0&numberChildren=0&rate=SP2&promotionCode=SP2) is Ramada's page. Number one on the list is fairly close (right behind, Tony Roma's) Number 2 on the list is the Plaza (which is at the corner of Harbor and Katella), it says .6 miles from Disneyland as the destination (I don't know where they measure that to.)

Lekta
10-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Great, thanks so much!

candles71
10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Your welcome, I was trying to make sure we were talking about the same place. ;)

Malcon10t
10-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I am really partial to the Carousel. Rooms have all been redone and are very nice. Beds are very comfy.

missm
10-20-2011, 11:48 AM
We have stayed at both the Ramada Maingate and Carousel twice each. I will always choose Carousel if the prices are close. The rooms are cleaner, breakfast area is better and the walk is better. We always seem to get stuck at the back of the hotel at Ramada and it feels like it adds about 5 miles when coming back late from the park.

ChurroGirl
10-20-2011, 12:34 PM
The Ramada is about a 10 minute walk from Main Gate. If you get stuck in the back it is a bit farther because the lay out of the hotel is rather large.

shna
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
We've stayed at both. I now prefer to either stay at Ramada Maingate or at HoJo's pretty much just because of the free parking. I think the Ramada is a slightly shorter walk than HoJo's, but definitely a little longer than the walk to Carousel. One plus (for us anyway) with Ramada is that your room key gets you a 10% discount at Denny's. Obviously not a factor if you avoid Denny's -- but we tend to hit it at least once per trip. Being right next door to Tony Roma's is also nice.

cheshirecatgirl
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
I stayed at the Ramada Maingate last year and will be there again in a few weeks. The location is great and we were lucky enough last year to get a room right in the front of the hotel. The price was the best for the location, and most importantly, the beds were comfy!

TTFN92
11-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I would definitely switch. We loved Carousel. Their beds are the best and I felt well rested in the morning. I will never stay at that Ramada Inn again. I found old blood stains on my towel and others had holes in them. It was gross!

familymemories
11-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Our family has stayed 3 different times since last fall at the Ramada Inn Maingate. Their service is great. We are staying there again in a few weeks for 7 nights. Paying only $64.00 a night is a great price.

Regarding TTFN92 comment; Did you contact the front office? They would have taken care of it for you.

TTFN92
11-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Looks like you found my comment. I don't remember what we did, it was about 5 yrs. ago. It was the towel that made an impression and the fact that it even got thru to us.

missm
11-04-2011, 11:44 AM
I agree that the Ramada sometimes is not that clean. For my trips the Carousel was cleaner but Ramada is usually way cheaper and that makes a difference to me. I did remember that both rooms we had at the Ramada were a lot bigger than any of the rooms I've had at the Carousel. We always just stay in a standard room so that's all I can comment on.

familymemories
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
We've stayed at both. I now prefer to either stay at Ramada Maingate or at HoJo's pretty much just because of the free parking. I think the Ramada is a slightly shorter walk than HoJo's, but definitely a little longer than the walk to Carousel. One plus (for us anyway) with Ramada is that your room key gets you a 10% discount at Denny's. Obviously not a factor if you avoid Denny's -- but we tend to hit it at least once per trip. Being right next door to Tony Roma's is also nice.

Thanks for the info about the 10% off at Denny's.

familymemories
11-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I agree that the Ramada sometimes is not that clean. For my trips the Carousel was cleaner but Ramada is usually way cheaper and that makes a difference to me. I did remember that both rooms we had at the Ramada were a lot bigger than any of the rooms I've had at the Carousel. We always just stay in a standard room so that's all I can comment on.

Cheaper is better in my book too. We always wear flip flops in any hotel. Though, when we stayed in September our room was one of the renovated ones and was extra clean. I guess the hotel has done alot of renovations.