PDA

View Full Version : DCA Construction

Exeter
10-18-2011, 11:37 AM
The wife and I spent 2 weeks at DLR back in September and are planning on returning next August. Is there any more "rumors" on the completion date for Cars Land and Buena Vista Street other than "Summer 2012"? We've seen the fences and would rather wait until everything is finished. I was guessing that Summer 2012 would mean by the time high season starts (Memorial Day Weekend?).

nowen1
10-18-2011, 11:54 AM
I think August would be a safe time to go, May or June is when they will have DCA done I think.

candles71
10-18-2011, 12:15 PM
"Summer" doesn't start until June 21, Memorial day is technically in the Spring. I would say wait until August to be sure.

iceman559
10-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Wasn't it mentioned in a park update within the past couple weeks that they are falling behind on Buena Vista street or was that on MiceChat? Wherever, I read that they were supposedly falling back to late August at the earliest now. If you want to be certain, I'd say wait till late 2011. You never know what can happen.

azza29
10-19-2011, 02:21 PM
With Buena Vista street under construction, what's the current route to get from the entrance to the Hollywood Backlot?

rickosuave1987
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
With Buena Vista street under construction, what's the current route to get from the entrance to the Hollywood Backlot?

The current entrance goes through the new turnstiles, take a hard right and around the backside of the Soarin' and Taste Pilots buildings and into Condor Flats. You can hang a left there, walk thru the old sun fountain area, and into the Hollywood backlot. I think for a while you had to go down and around into A Bug's Land, but that has since changed.