PDA

View Full Version : Best Fantasmic! Viewing?

Mickeyslittlehelper
06-18-2003, 08:12 PM
I am going for about 7 days at the end of August. We decided to save our money by not doing the balcony for $45. I have read a few things on when/where is the best place to set up. I was wondering how you can get some good "seats" without having to wait a long time.

Thanks,
John

keschy
06-18-2003, 08:50 PM
We went this past saturday and we had great seats. We stood on the bridge in from of POTC, you know, next to tarzan's tree house? We were right up front at the railing so nobody could get in front of us. We got there about 35 minutes early for the 10:30 show. it was such a good view! usually I have people in front of me, but on the bridge you are seeing the show above the crowds. Just make sure you don't stand too close to the tree or you won't be able to see a thing. I've also had good luck watching from the landings in front of HM.

HBTiggerFan
06-18-2003, 09:00 PM
We were there before 4pm to stake out seats for the Fantasmic show on the 13th. If you want "primo seats" (aka seats near the river) you must be prepared to wait 5-7 hours at those seats. Bring blankets to stake out your area, and be warned, people will try to squeeze in any area that isn't covered by a blanket.

DisneyFan25863
06-18-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
We were there before 4pm to stake out seats for the Fantasmic show on the 13th. If you want "primo seats" (aka seats near the river) you must be prepared to wait 5-7 hours at those seats. Bring blankets to stake out your area, and be warned, people will try to squeeze in any area that isn't covered by a blanket.

I suggest 1 regular sized beach towel per adult.

cstephens
06-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863

That doesn't even necessarily work. Even when we had towels down, strangers would just come and sit on our towels. Oh, this space is taken? We didn't know. No, of course you didn't know. The towels gave no clue whatsoever.

The easiest way to get a good seat without waiting for hours is to go to the second show of the night, if there is a second show. You get to the area about 10 minutes before the last show ends. As soon as the show ends, when people start to get up to leave, go to where you want to watch it and stake your places. If Believe is running after the first show, then you wait until after Believe, but same idea.

rexfarms
06-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
That doesn't even necessarily work. Even when we had towels down, strangers would just come and sit on our towels. Oh, this space is taken? We didn't know. No, of course you didn't know. The towels gave no clue whatsoever.

The easiest way to get a good seat without waiting for hours is to go to the second show of the night, if there is a second show. You get to the area about 10 minutes before the last show ends. As soon as the show ends, when people start to get up to leave, go to where you want to watch it and stake your places. If Believe is running after the first show, then you wait until after Believe, but same idea.

You got the right idea!:D

jerjer2005
06-18-2003, 10:07 PM
The 5-7 hour wait time is a lil drastic even for the 9pm show. but i also suggest getting there in time to see Believe and then grabbing a spot. but if you want to see the 9pm show i would concider waiting the 2-3 hours. i mean its not like you dont have the time since your there for 7 days.

HBTiggerFan
06-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863

Beach blankets are much more effective when holding spaces for a large group of people. They are also less likely to get bunched up, and easier to carry and keep track of.

experiment626
06-19-2003, 08:47 PM
While 5 - 7 hours is a little overboard. Each trip to Disneyland when Fantasmic is showing people are sitting at 3pm for a 9:30 show. It is even worse if there is only one showing.

Best advice is what was stated above, see the second show and grab your seat as the crowd from the first show leaves.