PDA

View Full Version : Goin' on a California Adventure!

hmbldr
06-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey all! I leave Friday, 6/20 for my 2 week California vacation. I want to thank all those who have shared ideas, reviews and helping advice through the many posts and threads here on MP. San Francisco, Yosemite, Hollywood, Universal Studios, and finishing with.............4 days at Disneyland Resort! June 29 - July 3. I'll be looking for mousepadders ;)

Thanks again!

keschy
06-18-2003, 08:51 PM
have a great trip!

jerjer2005
06-18-2003, 10:20 PM
I wish you a magical journey through Walts original kingdom and the new Adventures that are at the resort to expieriance!

hmbldr
06-19-2003, 02:44 AM
Thanks! I have not been out to calfornia and Disneyland in 15 years. Needless to say, the kids, 6, 8, and 13 have never been. We are very excited and looking forward to it.

Not Afraid
06-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Are you goin to be there early enough to go the the MP potluck on the 29th? It wiould be great to meet you.

Lisa

hmbldr
06-19-2003, 06:52 AM
We should be there sometime Sunday morning. We'll be traveling over from N. Hollywood first thing, so it's a matter of how well we get out and moving.

The meet is at the picnic area? Where exactly is that?

justagrrl
06-19-2003, 08:51 AM
That sounds like such a fun trip! I'm sure you'll have a great time. Take lots of pics and post them for us when you get back :)

femmfaerie
06-19-2003, 10:25 AM
GO to In 'n' Out for me!

Remember you can get a free smashed penny in the bank on mainstreet! Free suveniers are always great!

Have fun!

Oh, and don't waste your time trying to get to the Hollywood sign, sure it is a lot of fun, but it is pretty much impossible, unless you are 100% sure you have accurate directions.

Have a great time!

hmbldr
06-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by femmfaerie
GO to In 'n' Out for me!

Remember you can get a free smashed penny in the bank on mainstreet! Free suveniers are always great!

Have fun!

Oh, and don't waste your time trying to get to the Hollywood sign, sure it is a lot of fun, but it is pretty much impossible, unless you are 100% sure you have accurate directions.

Have a great time!

OK, what/where is In 'n' Out?

OK, free souvenirs are great!

Yes, I already told the kids about the sign. You view it from afar, we don't actually go to it. :D

i always have a great time on vacation, especially if it includes Disney.:)

femmfaerie
06-19-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by hmbldr
OK, what/where is In 'n' Out?

Only one of the best Burger places you can eat at! Trust me, you will not be sorry you went! I just wish we had one in Denver!
Check this link for locations as to the closest one to where you are staying.

http://www.in-n-out.com/

mad4mky
06-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Bring a jacket for the SF Bay Area.

Typical of June around here...we've got foggy mornings and evenings. And lately...a breeze. Last night...it was cold .

Some days, the fog doesn't even roll out of San Francisco.:(

I'll wish for some upcoming warmer days around here for you!:D

Have a great trip!

hmbldr
06-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Ah yes, wasn't it Twain who said.... 'Coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Fancisco.' Or something like that.

Thanks for the reminder.

:)

Bill Catherall
06-19-2003, 12:27 PM
The picnic area is to the left of Disneyland's entrance outside the park, over by the lockers, kind of hidden behind really tall bushes. Look for a sign or ask a CM. You'll recognize the group (grip) of Padders by our loud and obnoxious behavior.

IN-N-OUT. If you don't eat there you'll be very sorry. Get a Double Double with grilled onions and sit back and enjoy one of the best burgers ever made by man. Don't judge them by their fries.

I think it's ironic that you're going to be seeing many of the great sites in California then visiting the DLR where you can see a scaled down version of each. But after seeing Yosemite falls, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Hollywood, Soarin' Over California will bring those things back to life and would actually be a nice recap of your entire trip.

By the way, are you going to be in San Francisco on the 21st? We're having a meet that day not too far from there. Check the thread in the Lounge (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16982) for details. Of course, you've probably got a pretty full itinerary to see all the good stuff like Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, China Town, Lombard Street, the works. We wouldn't want to slow you down. ;)

mad4mky
06-19-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall

By the way, are you going to be in San Francisco on the 21st? We're having a meet that day not too far from there. Check the thread in the Lounge (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16982) for details. Of course, you've probably got a pretty full itinerary to see all the good stuff like Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, China Town, Lombard Street, the works. We wouldn't want to slow you down. ;)

Great idea Bill!
If you get access to the internet and want to come...PM mammasilva (and me...only I'll less likely to be on, since the potluck is at my place). We'll give you directions! Come on down and meet with some of the No. Cal Padders! :D

hmbldr
06-19-2003, 02:01 PM
In 'n' Out...all set. Printed out locations for 6 or 7 that I may pass. Of course there seem to be a lot in greater LA so I'm sure to hit at least one during the trip.

Yes, we are going for a taste of California with the kids. Yosemite and Kings Canyon are new for me, I've been to the others but not in many years.

I'll see if I can swing by the picnic potluck on the 29th.

Thanks everyone.

RStar
06-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Have fun and give us a trip report when you get back!!

~Bob

ilesofsmiles
06-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Hi..Will be in Disney on the 1 & 2nd of July.
Can you suggest a great place to eat with the Characters?
I booked breakfast at Paradise Pier with Minnie Mouse 1st day,
and Dinner with Goofey at the Disneyland hotel? I'm hoping these are good
choices. We had a great time at the Contemporaty Resort in DWorld
with a Dinner Buffet w/ Goofey, Donald and the gang.