PDA

View Full Version : Country Bear Jamboree INSIDE the Pooh bear ride :)

nursechrissy32
10-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone, was at the park last week with some friends and a CM family member....got to learn alot about little secrets in the parks and one really cool one was on the Winnie the Pooh ride....just as your honey carriage is exiting the indoors, look back and you will see the heads mounted on the upper beam...so cute!

adriennek
10-08-2011, 07:51 PM
My kids have been turning around to say hi to them for years. ;)

But they're not that far into the ride that you're about to exit - they're inside the room where the honey is spinning?

They're hard to see from the third row. Best to be sitting in the first or second rows.

quackinup
10-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Leaving the Heffalump room and entering the birthday room. Never seen them myself, I think I've always been in 3rd row when I remembered to look. Maybe this trip!

WaltDisneyFanatic
10-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I have been trying to find them for the last several trips and have failed, apparently because I wasn't looking in the right spot! Thanks!

danyoung
10-09-2011, 06:01 PM
It's important to note that these are NOT the heads from the actual Country Bear show. They were originally hung on the wall of the Mile Long Bar right next to the Bear show. It's a very cool tribute!

candles71
10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Somewhere around here is a picture of them. ADK linked to it when I asked about them several years ago. But it was a hugely long week/end, so I'm too tired to search for them. ;)

adriennek
10-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Somewhere around here is a picture of them. ADK linked to it when I asked about them several years ago. But it was a hugely long week/end, so I'm too tired to search for them. ;)

You have a much better memory than I do. I found it - from an article when Pooh opened in 2003 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm030326avp.htm)! Wow, I didn't realize it had been that long!!

Vegitabeta
10-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I only went on there once, and couldn't see them. I'd rather go see the Country Bear Jamboree any day!

ralfrick
10-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Never cared much for Devo, but I see the concept in devolution in Pooh going from a great ride in Tokyo to a very good ride in Florida to a mediocre ride in California. When the best thing about a ride is a tribute to a previous attraction.......

A bientot.

carolinakid
10-12-2011, 09:18 AM
^^^^^^
Could someome please explain the differences between the WDW and DL versions of the Winnie the Pooh attraction? Or what makes Florida's version very good and California's mediocre? Thanks!

adriennek
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
^^^^^^
Could someome please explain the differences between the WDW and DL versions of the Winnie the Pooh attraction? Or what makes Florida's version very good and California's mediocre? Thanks!

WDW's bouncing is different. You can really feel it bounce. The motion is awesome. It's not a HARD bouncy but it's like a floating bobbing sensation.

I have to look up my trip report to find out the other thing - I want to say that the colors were different and I liked the color scheme in California's better.

But we all agreed, in our family, that the floating/bounce sensation that they had in Florida was MUCH MUCH better.

danyoung
10-12-2011, 04:33 PM
It's one of those hard comparisons to describe, but overall the ride in WDW is better - better scenery, better movement of the vehicle, and a much better location. In DL it's way up there in Critter Country, and just doesn't have the ridership that the more mainstream location of WDW's affords.

bumblebeeonarose
10-12-2011, 06:44 PM
I like the Pooh ride. As far as ridership goes, it's like Monsters Inc. It isn't that it is a bad ride, just there isn't much draw to the area. I mean people mainly go to Critter Country to ride Splash, unless you have Pooh obsessed youngsters. But how many times in your week long trip do they need a picture and autograph with Pooh? (Okay, mine got to see Pooh twice the first trip. But she was only one, and it was so darn cute!) I really like Monsters too, but it is very hidden. It seems that the ride always has a 5 minute or less wait.

cstephens
10-13-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm one of those who doesn't think the bouncing makes WDW's version all that much better than DL's.

ralfrick
10-13-2011, 05:22 AM
The Florida version has more detail. It is also a longer ride since it is in the former Mr. Toad space, and the WDW version of that ride had 2 separate tracks.

A beintot.

danyoung
10-13-2011, 06:33 AM
I don't think it's the motion is that big of a difference. For me the ride itself is more or less the same - just a nice dark ride. I do like the WDW vehicles a lot better - much more leg room.

carolinakid
10-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks Adrienne & Dan,
I've ridden both versions numerous times and for the life of me, they seem identical, except for the obviously different locations in the parks and attraction facades. I'll really have to pay more attention in the future!

The old man
10-16-2011, 06:14 AM
It's one of those hard comparisons to describe, but overall the ride in WDW is better - better scenery, better movement of the vehicle, and a much better location. In DL it's way up there in Critter Country, and just doesn't have the ridership that the more mainstream location of WDW's affords.
I'm not sure why a ride is better if more people ride it because of location.

danyoung
10-16-2011, 06:58 AM
The ride isn't better because of its location. The ride does have much more ridership because of its location.

The old man
10-16-2011, 02:10 PM
The ride isn't better because of its location. The ride does have much more ridership because of its location.

It's one of those hard comparisons to describe, but overall the ride in WDW is better - better scenery, better movement of the vehicle, and a much better location.
That's your sentence. Either one of the reasons its better is that it's in a "better location" or the sentence's grammar leads to a misreading of your intention.

sjhanksaz
10-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Photo

danyoung
10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
That's your sentence. Either one of the reasons its better is that it's in a "better location" or the sentence's grammar leads to a misreading of your intention.

old man, that's exactly what I was saying with my second post, clarifying the first one. Sorry, I guess I have to be literal and clear - I mis-spoke in my post, and I regret any misleading words which may have been misconstrued. Pooh is Pooh, either in DL or in WDW, and there are reasons why I think the ride is better in Florida. It's also in a better location, which doesn't make it a better ride, but it does improve on the popularity of the ride.

Was that clear enough for you?

The old man
10-17-2011, 07:56 PM
old man, that's exactly what I was saying with my second post, clarifying the first one. Sorry, I guess I have to be literal and clear - I mis-spoke in my post, and I regret any misleading words which may have been misconstrued. Pooh is Pooh, either in DL or in WDW, and there are reasons why I think the ride is better in Florida. It's also in a better location, which doesn't make it a better ride, but it does improve on the popularity of the ride.

Was that clear enough for you?
Yes it does. That said at DL I'd rather have Country Bear Jamboree over Pooh any day.