PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion backstage

Pages : [1] 2

Pony Sugrue
06-17-2003, 01:20 PM
I sorta stumbled onto this site and I thought it had some very revealing backstage pics... enjoy

http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/gallery.html

SzczerbiakManiac
06-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Very cool, thanks for sharing those. :)

jerjer2005
06-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Great site! i cant wait to be able to sit down and take the time to explore the hole site!!! yea!!!!!!! back stage disney!!!!

Dean Higgins
06-17-2003, 02:02 PM
This is very awesome... but this part makes me wanna cry
http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/about-us1.html

femmfaerie
06-17-2003, 02:11 PM
some of those pictures are so creepy!

Ghoulish Delight
06-17-2003, 03:02 PM
<doooool>

Those were some fabulous shots. Makes me so jealous, though. I really liked the shots of the hitchiking ghost track and of the dommbuggy maintanance bay.

Gemini Cricket
06-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
<doooool>
So was this supposed to be <droooool> or <coooool> ?? :D

I loved these pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Question:
Where is she (http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/Backstage%20pix/mansion20.jpg) in the HM? I don't recall...

innerSpaceman
06-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Those HM shots are so rad.

Hitchhiking Ghosts cut in half on a track is scarier than anything in the actual show!!

Gemini Cricket
06-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Hitchhiking Ghosts cut in half on a track is scarier than anything in the actual show!!
Those aren't the real Hitchhiking Ghosts. Those are just models. The real ones appear when the lights are off and they actually follow you home. They'll appear when you least expect it: they'll visit you in the dark on your way to the bathroom at the middle of the night, in your window when you peek through the curtains or even in your closet when you hear that strange sound from within. :eek:
Muhahaha!

Aimz
06-17-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm new to this board, so first off- hello to everyone here!

What a cool site that was! I loved the HM pictures. The ghost in picture #11 is a "dead" ringer for Jimmy Durante, lol. Also, the Captain Horatio looking animatronic in picture #25- whereabouts is he located in the mansion? I don't remember ever seeing him before.

Morrigoon
06-17-2003, 05:43 PM
GC: I believe she sits next to the fireplace in the ballroom

Lashbear
06-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Do'h !

Morrigoon beat me to it !

...She IS sitting in her rocking chair by the fireplace in the Ballroom.

Lashbear
06-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Aimz
...Also, the Captain Horatio looking animatronic in picture #25- whereabouts is he located in the mansion? I don't remember ever seeing him before.

Greetings Aimz !!

"Captain Horatio" (don't know his real name) is one of the ghosts that come floating into the ballroom at the bottom right of the scene, through the open french windows. (I call them the "Carousel" ghosts because they are obviously on a carousel type arrangement.)

Brilliant photo-site - I wonder how long before Disney gets the backstage photos removed (They tend to do this to cool backstage sites). Download 'em while they last ! :D

Cheers, Mansioneers !
Rob :fez:

Aimz
06-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks, Rob! I'll know where to look now the next time I go through.

BTW, noticed that site also had some pics of the old Nature's Wonderland ride. I LOVED that ride when I was a kid. Does anyone else remember riding it? I was heartbroken when they took it out for Big Thunder. Although, I couldn't do without Big Thunder now either.

Not Afraid
06-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Aimz
BTW, noticed that site also had some pics of the old Nature's Wonderland ride. I LOVED that ride when I was a kid. Does anyone else remember riding it? I was heartbroken when they took it out for Big Thunder. Although, I couldn't do without Big Thunder now either.

Welcome to the Pad!
You'll find several of us "old peopel" on the board who remember the wonderful Nature's Wonderland attraction. I miss it more and more as I get older and I long for the old "educational" rides (and I'm NOT talking about "The American Space Experience"):mad:

I found the HM pictures to be fascinating. I kave read enought about Imagineering - and ridden HM - to not have the ride spoiled by the pics. I especially liked the close up of the Organ, which was Captian Nemo's Organ in "20,000 Leagues...."

Fun stuff. Let's hope it sticks around.

Ghoulish Delight
06-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
So was this supposed to be <droooool> or <coooool> ?? :D

I loved these pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Question:
Where is she (http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/Backstage%20pix/mansion20.jpg) in the HM? I don't recall... Ooops. Drool.

Originally posted by Not Afraid
You'll find several of us "old peopel" on the board...I like how you put it in quotes, as if it were only a figure of speech....oooh, I'm going to pay for that one

Not Afraid
06-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
I like how you put it in quotes, as if it were only a figure of speech....oooh, I'm going to pay for that one

Oh, and how right you are. You'll pay dearly!:mad: :p

MammaSilva
06-17-2003, 08:07 PM
NA.. smack him once for ME as well would you please?????

Lashbear
06-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
NA.. smack him once for ME as well would you please?????

Yeah ! and give him a good solid paddling from me too :~D :eek:

Back On Topic: I would love to see backstage pics from 'under' the seance room or from the top of the stretch rooms (where the hanging corpse / Jack skellington's face is )

Pony Sugrue
06-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Dean Higgins

Boy that IS sad. For those too lazy to click the link, read this excerpt:

"In 1985, my heart was broken when my favorite attraction "Adventure Thru Inner Space" was closed. I was only 14 and was in the middle of a painful childhood, (moving around a lot and being abused). My happy times were when I would visit Disneyland.."

Mod Note: that wasn't an excerpt, that was the entire page. Text copyrighted by another site deleted. If you're too lazy to click the link, you'll have to miss out on reading the entire text. Adrienne K

mad4mky
06-18-2003, 08:20 AM
I have to admit...I enjoyed seeing those pictures. Thanks for posting the link to the site...

Dean Higgins
06-19-2003, 01:45 PM
I love the pic of that Captain. He's my favorite. Reminds me of that McDonald' Filet-o-Fish captain from the 70's.

Here's an age-old old question about that main ballroom:

"Ho many AA figures are actually infront of you in that Haunted Mansion ballroom?"

Lashbear
06-19-2003, 02:40 PM
The answer to "How many AA's are in front of you in the Ballroom" is.... *drumroll please .....

None !!

They're all above or below you ... :fez:

OK, here's one:

What are the King & Queen doing in the graveyard ?

Andrew
06-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Lashbear
What are the King & Queen doing in the graveyard ?

Not a lot.

SteveK
06-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Dean Higgins

I actually ordered the 6 DVD set from them and I'm anxious to see the quality. I've read great reviews of the material and the cost (which really wasn't too bad for 6 DVD's) seems well worth it so I can forever have great documentaries of some of my favorite, long gone attractions.

-Steve