PDA

View Full Version : Traditions when visiting disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Ralph Wiggum
08-18-2001, 01:48 PM
Everytime I go to Disneyland, EVERYTIME, I get a waffle cone with Mint chip and fantasia ice cream.http://www.contrabandent.com/pez/contrib/ruinkai/icescream.gif I also have to turn every turn-style at least 2wice. Does anyone else have a tradition that they do every time they go?

Napsto
08-18-2001, 01:54 PM
enter dland through left side, get hot chocolate on the way out during winter, do haunted at least once, there ismore.....

DisneylandKid
08-18-2001, 02:02 PM
When I didn't have an annual pass I would always eat lunch at the Bengal BBQ and get a frozen lemonade in either NOS or Toontown. Now that I have an AP and I go almost every week, I don't feel I need to get everything done. A lot of times, though, I'll turn the turnstiles twice on less popular attractions that I like, and try to ride Indy and some other things at least once. Oh, and we always just pop into say "hello" at the Disney Gallery.

PS: Good idea for a thread, Ralph Wiggum!

JRob2k1
08-18-2001, 02:10 PM
I always read the signs under the entrance through the railroad.

"Here you leave today..."

I always visit the Disney Gallery too...

-JRob

supercarrie
08-18-2001, 02:14 PM
I always have to buy a Mickey fudge bar thing from the Candy Palace. (They are in gold wrapper.) Yummy!!

JRob2k1
08-18-2001, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the boards supercarrie!! Hope to see you around some more.

Another tradition I forgot is to always check "THE BOARD" Great little area and the CM's working "THE BOARD" are so fun to talk to!

-JRob

lisap
08-18-2001, 02:24 PM
well, I've already mentioned the giant pickles on Main Street, so I'd have to say walking through Sleeping Beauty's castle and turning the stiles a few extra times.

ps supercarrie--don't forget to introduce yourself in the lounge....;)

Gregmh48
08-18-2001, 04:09 PM
I always have to eat at the Bengal Barbecue and get at least one Mint Julep when I go to Disneyland.

Niwel
08-18-2001, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by lisap
well, I've already mentioned the giant pickles on Main Street, so I'd have to say walking through Sleeping Beauty's castle and turning the stiles a few extra times.

Me too lisap. I also read the story out loud (or mouth it if there are other people around) And occasionally waltz to "Once upon a dream" in that part of the castle (if no one is there)

I also ALWAYS make a wish at Snow White's Grotto (I throw the coin over my shoulder)

And on my way out, I look up at the light on in Walt's apartment above the firehouse and say "Thank You Uncle Walt."

Ralph Wiggum
08-18-2001, 04:49 PM
I forgot to mention..I use to have a tradition of buying a mickey ice cream sandwhich whenever I go!!

Also..when i go on Screamin', if my sister isnt with me, I call her cell phone and scream...she loves the ride and it makes her crack up :) don't believe me...check out this page and look for a picture of me..I am holding a cell phone and sticking out my tongue.

www.geocities.com/warezdave/dcaphotos.html

Gemini Cricket
08-18-2001, 06:45 PM
This is too weird... I get a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich everytime as well. Always.

I always touch the donald statue at the hub for luck.

I go through Sleeping Beauty's Castle crossing the front bridge. That may sound silly but it is possible to do Disneyland without crossing the bridge or going through the castle.

TheMur
08-18-2001, 06:47 PM
Great topic!!

My all time favorite tradition can no longer be done. Every time we visited DL (from Nor. Cal.) we would take a group picture under the "Happy" sign in the parking lot.

The Mur

lisap
08-18-2001, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
I forgot to mention..I use to have a tradition of buying a mickey ice cream sandwhich whenever I go!!

Also..when i go on Screamin', if my sister isnt with me, I call her cell phone and scream...she loves the ride and it makes her crack up :) don't believe me...check out this page and look for a picture of me..I am holding a cell phone and sticking out my tongue.

www.geocities.com/warezdave/dcaphotos.html

Great pictures, Dave :) Your family look like really nice folks.

Gemini Cricket
08-18-2001, 06:57 PM
lisap-

I love your avatar.

Doc:)

MickeyD
08-18-2001, 11:29 PM
I always get a Mighty Duck Puck, but I don't call it that...

beanpole
08-19-2001, 02:06 AM
Great thread!

I always start my day with a chocolate-chocolate chip muffin or cinnamon roll with a double latte (sans whipped cream) at the Blue Ribbon Bakery, usually before the rest of the park opens.

The first and last rides of the day are always on Space Mountain. If it's not operating, then I'll substitute a ride on Indy.

I spend the entire day clutching a plastic squirt bottle partially filled with tepid water. It accompanies me on every ride and attraction, and even tags along for visits to restaurants. When I become thirsty, I discard the bottle and purchase another one from ODV. This has been tradition for the past 10 years.

I always leave the park at closing and celebrate with onion rings, tortilla soup, and a cheddar cheese-crust chicken pot pie at Millie's.

Morrigoon
08-19-2001, 03:08 AM
In my pre-AP days, we always used to have lunch at the Hungry Bear. But that was back when the burgers there were better. I still love to eat there, I just don't like the food - know what I mean? Can't beat the ambience though, I'll be POd if they mess with the look of the place when pooh evicts the bears

I also give the turnstiles an extra turn ;)

My own personal tradition is to walk down main street as I enter, listen to the soundtrack, look around me, and feel all the stress of life outside the berm drain away. By the time I get to coke corner I'm stress free!

08-19-2001, 08:13 AM
Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast!

tjrj
08-19-2001, 08:59 AM
We always visited at least yearly when growing up-and never missed a Fantasia sundae at the "old" Carnation Gardens. Don't like what was done during the remodel, so we give it a miss now.

We also never miss lunch or dinner at the Blue Bayou. Just love the atmosphere and relaxing out of the sun and the hustle and bustle.

Lacrosse Boy
08-19-2001, 09:55 AM
I eat a giant pickle that they sell. Also, maybe a churro.

mcampisi
08-19-2001, 02:46 PM
Traditions I try and do:

Get a Mickey Pretzel (I wish they hadn't changed to that packaged cheese dip)

Get a Sundae on Main St (this has special meaning to my wife and I).

Why do all my traditions involve food? Have to work that into my Body for Life diet.

dghosthost
08-20-2001, 02:03 AM
Pick up a fortune at the Esmerelda machine on the way in and another at the Pirates store half way through the day.

mad4mky
08-20-2001, 09:09 AM
I start my day by looking in the jewelry store...and ending in the jewelry store. And I buy at least 2 Mickey ice cream sandwhiches throughout the day.

Cadaverous Pallor
08-20-2001, 09:21 AM
Wow, I have to try those Mickey ice cream sandwiches!
:D

I always read the "Here you leave today" sign on the way in. Morrigoon, I'm with you - I always relax on the initial Main Street walk. It just erases the outside world.

blusilva
08-20-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Niwel

I also ALWAYS make a wish at Snow White's Grotto (I throw the coin over my shoulder)

And on my way out, I look up at the light on in Walt's apartment above the firehouse and say "Thank You Uncle Walt."

We must be related or something. :) You hit my two traditions too, except I usually thank Uncle Walt at the Partners statue and I watch my coin go in the well.